Advice needed on coming off tablets

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I am due to have a endoscopy in 2 weeks and have to come off my esomeprazole and raniditine.  I am being checked for gastritis and HP.  I am only supposed to take gaviscon.  I am concerned as this does not work for me, neither does the advance version.  I have only been off for 2 days and already stomach burning, with acid in throat.  I find it strange that they want you to get sick so that they can check what is going on. Do you have any ideas on what else I can take or what foods to eat or drinks that can help whilst doing this.  I am not being negative but have been on PPI's for nearly 10 years so concerned about these 2 weeks. Thanks

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.