advice needed please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi this is my first post on here and would like help/advice i have been on the tablets for 3 wks now and have been finding it hard as i am a very fussy eater so went for a weigh in with the nurse only to find the i had put weight on despite eating low fat. the nurse has told me a few things to change but unsure weather they are ok. she told to have porridge with hony for breakfast and to stay away from white bread and have crackerbreads instead and then to increase fruit and veg which im not keen on as very plain eater hope you can advise please and sorry for going on Many Thankssad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

porridge and honey is fine as it releases energy slowly, just make sure you get the portion amounts correct.

are you drinking enough also to kerb any hunger pangs ?

also can you eat fat free yoghurt's ? mind you you will have to keep an eye on the calorie intake.

If you don't really like eating fresh fruit can you try dried or even making a smoothie out of fresh ?

Bread is a good thing to try and stay a way from as it is very bloating so how about some ryvita's or pitta bread which has less wheat in them.

• Posted

i had this problem, but i found i actually enjoy eating crackbreads now. esp with a banana mushed in. me and my partner tend to use alot of soya sauce and heaps of chilli flakes for flavour.

i started to do rice and chicken diet having that for dinner and tea. i started to mix mushrooms and red onions in with that. and then add tomatos when it was all ready. i found this much more filling. add salt and pepper and chilli flakes and it lifted the bland ness.

also i add tinned tomatos to alot of things. gives it a more tangy taste.

hope this helps a little, i understand how hard it can be. but so far i have lost a stone and a half since october last year i think (bearing in mind i havnt followed the diet every month due to having my gallbladder removed and needing to recover from the op!) but its definatley coming of slowly but surely!

if you want any advice or sould like to trade recipes give me a bell.

Amy x

• Posted

hi thanks for all your help i do drink a lot of water but doesnt help with the hunger also the dried fruit i can eat is rasins tried to eat fresh fruit but cant stomch it also tried porridge today and didnt like that either so back to weetabix for breakfast.

i have started having cracker breads but would it better if had wholemeal bread instead of white?

also dont like anything spicy like chilli flakes and dont like rice either?

any advice for a really fussy plainer than plan eater?

all i am haveing at the moment on a noraml day is

breakfast 2 weetabix

dinner 3 crakerbreads with ham

tea chicken peas and salad or fish peas and salad

am getting bored with the same old thing and know part of it because in a fussy eater and part because i dont know whats good or not really feel like giving up but at the same time i want to lose weight and it doesnt help that the other tablets i'm cause weight gain thanks again for your help

also hope you can give me more advice

• Posted

what about potaoes, you can av jacket potatoes new potatoes you can make your own wedges? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.