Advice Needed Please

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have symptoms most of the time which are really painful

stomach , feels burning and on fire , alternating between constipation and diarhea, acid in chest , feeling sick . Every time I eat I get bad cramps and all the other symptoms get worse again .

I had my gallbladder removed just over 3 months ago and I'm worse now .I'm struggling with what to eat , only eat tiny amounts, had some mashed sweet potato earlier and felt sick with stomach pains straight after and then constipated . I take Fybogel

but do I need to take it everyday even if I've had a BM ?

I would be grateful for some advice on dealing with this now as I feel exhausted with it all.I would like to go on a liquid diet but can only

tolerate chamomile tea or sips of water .

Any ideas on how to deal with this ? Thanks in advance.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda,

You should speak to your GPS as you have had surgery recently and ask to see a dietician and also to sort out the acid indigestion. In the meantime I would take the Fybogel each day for a gentle source of fibre. Have you tried Gaviscon for the acid problem? I don't think it would do any harm to try.

• Posted

Hi Alexandra I have been seen by a dietician

but because I also have other food related issues they can't help me.

• Posted

Hi linda sorry to hear you are having problems. I also have burning stomach and acid reflux gp prescribed meds for GORD which really help. I have problems taking fibogel as its too sticky for my stomach and causes wind and cramp so gp prescribed cosmocol which works fine for me.
    • Posted

Hi ChristineCan you tell me what meds for gord you have been prescribed ?

It's the burning in my stomach I'm struggling with. Everything I eat makes

It worse . Fibogel seems to make me constipated so I'm going

back on the lactulose .

Really need reassuring that the burning stomach is nothing to worry about .

• Posted

I take lansoprazole which gp prescribed l stopped taking it a while back as the indegestion and heartburn felt better so ive gone back on it. I also have diverticulosis lots of problems going on x
    • Posted

I take pantoprazole, usually 1 daily but GP said to up them

to 2 a day which I've recently started doing . I wish they'd

hurry up and start to work ! Sorry you are struggling too Christine. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.