Advice needed - what to expect

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I dislocated my shoulder in February and it was out for 7 hours as the doctor at A&E couldn't put it back in place. In the end the knocked me out with general anaesthetic. 

I attended physio from two weeks later and religiously followed the exercises at home.

My collar bone was very painful but I was told that was due to the impact.

Late April, it dislocated again. Back in within an hour. Straight back to physio and continuing with exercises at home.

August comes around and it partially dislocates. I didn't bother with hospital as I felt no need (no nerve damage). She referred me back to GP who has referred me to the shoulder clinic. 

Work has been very full on, I've over used it by being forced to move furniture alone. I have been working around 70 hours a week since returning in March and sleep roughly three hours a night due to pain. 

My collar bone pain is getting increasingly worse, and is the shoulder pain. Range is getting less and less now and I'm popping pain meds from GP on a very regular basis. Unable to take anti inflammatories because of high blood pressure. 

Has anyone else experienced collar bone pain? 

I am so scared about the appointment - what are people's experiences of this? 

I've been diagnosed with a MH problem very recently and this coupled with constant pain is really making like unbearable. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I get collar bone pain along with shoulder and elbow pain... Tramadol is helping along with cortisone injections. However,i am to have an MRI scan in Oct

Hope you get some pain relief soon 

• Posted

Sorry that you're suffering.

Is your collarbone more tender when you touch it? 

I can't bear a seat belt on it currently 

• Posted

No. Positioning isn't easy in the car due to both shoulder pain and the collar bone. Usually only takes 35 min to get to work but three lots of seperate road works means it's taking over an hour to get there and sometimes two hours to get home. Have had to stop a few times cos of the pain.

Can't afford to take the bus in either (plus it would mean four buses to work!) 

• Posted

Half hour drive is painful enough for me..... over an hour must be a nightmare sad

4 buses would be ridiculous too.... try and get some Tramadol Gemma

• Posted

I have not experienced that same as you but wanted to respond to let you know that you are not alone and that I wish the very best for you.  Both of my shoulders need to be replaced and I do not know anything about that either.  So I am on here to learn.  

My best,

Dawn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.