Advice on botox injections for anal fissures, peoples views experiences on recovery

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive had botox injections for anal fissures yesterday, was wondering if anyone could share there experiences with me. My colorectal surgeon didnt give me much advice on a diet id need to follow to keep my stools soft (sorry for to much info) they did give me lactulose solution to take 15ml in morning and 15ml in night, i do experience bleeding and pain burning sensation after BM but the stomach spasiming is horrendous? Im not sure this is normal, so if anyone could help id be greatful.

Many thanks,

Lynds x

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Also they didnt give me any pain meds at all!! So if anyone could recommend the best pain relief also thankyou. First time ive wrote on this forum so please bare with me.

• Posted

I had Botox about 7 weeks ago. Took a month to start feeling better. I was taking 3 Advil 4x a day and sitting on a heating pad at all times. Kept me functioning but barely. Was doing better til retore yesterday. Not sure what I'll do now. I hope Botox works for you - just give it some time.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply, i really hope things will improve for you again really soon. I will try the heated pad definitley, anything to ease it! Pain not good at all tonite... hope things will ease soon even though i know its early days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.