Advice on dealing with Heart Palps. Help !

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hiya ladies I have had mild heart pulps and "clunky" heart feelings for about a month now. Initially my doc said it was triggered by caffeine. So I cut this out (except for tea) yet it still happens. Some days worse than others but last night I woke at 4am and just led there terrified of the clunky jumpy feelings I was getting. Sleep deprived today I am now panicking as its still going on intermittently.

I try to take a deep breath and reassure myself that it's peri related but anxiety then feeds and enhances other pains that I am paranoid I'm having a mild heart attack!

I have a busy day at work with various meetings to attend and these issues scare me so much it knocks my confidence as my mind just cannot think of anything other than these feelings. I could cry I am so scared at times.

Can any ladies out there suffering with this too offer any coping methods?

I am back at my docs on 25th April (it's the earliest appointment I could get!!) but any help in the meantime very gratefully received!!! Thank you xxx

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This sounds exactly like me, this time last year!  I finally went to a cardiologist because I was so worried about it.  Turns out it wasn't in my mind, but wasn't something life threatening either (according to the doc).  He put me on beta-blockers, and now I only rarely have one.  I cut out caffeine too, and can't have more than 1 glass of wine/beer ever or they come back.  Yoga and exercise help (even though at first it only made me more scared that I was going to die of a heart attack), and you can find some guided meditations and breathing techniques online that helped me too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.