Advice on Endometrium Biopsy??

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi Ladies

I just found this forum last night. I appreciate all of your thoughtful answers. Here is my situation- maybe you can give me your opinions.

I am 41 years old. I am not menopausal. Actually, my periods are very regular overall. However, in December, my period became super heavy with giant clots ( size of your hand) and the periods have not ended since. I had a one week break where things seemed to stop, but only to start up again. So this has now been going on two months.

My doctor did blood tests and found that my hormones are normal however i am now anemic from the blood loss. After ruling out hormonal issues, my doctor recommended a pelvic ultrasound.

during the ultrasound they found 2 smallish fibroids and a small ovarian cyst- but what the doctor and radiologist were most concerned with was the endometrium thickness. Doctor told me it was 22mm thick .

Needless to say, doctor is sending me pronto to the gynecologist for a biopsy.

I'm a little worried about the thickened endometrium. i had a huge fibroid in 2007 that caused similar bleeding issues ( it was surgically removed) but the fibroids they found are pretty small so not sure they would cause all this bleeding, and for it to just start in December out of the blue.

What are your thoughts? Would the fibroids be related to the endometrium? Is the biopsy to look for cancer cells specifically or is there another reason they do this? I appreciate all of your thoughts! thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.