Advice on getting more flexibility in your knee after TKR

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 5weeks post op after TKR . Struggling to get more flexibility in knee .I do exercisestake my pain meds but one doc says been on them a while now. And consultant I saw today said take your pain meds and push through with your exercises and see me in 4 weeks I'm just in tears as I have tried so hard so wore out by it all . Any advice would be good .

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Aww I totally sympathise I'm 8 Weeks TKR My Bend is Ok 80 but Much Pain on Bending

I'm still on Morphine Sulphate at night 10mls

Give it TIME🙂

This is my 2nd TKR on my other knee (12 years ago now )

I must say I don't remember SO Much Stiffness and Swelling at 8 Weeks

12 years older 😯😯 Everyone is different My PT is very kind to me and tells me not too worry too much at this stage and gentle regular exercise is just as good pushing hard 😯

Loads of Encouragement on here try not to get too down

IT TAKES TIME

M 🙂

• Posted

Thanks it just seems so tight and stiff at times when does this ease ? I'm just taking one day at a time and and nudging my knee along with exercises. 😀

• Posted

Hi LesleyAnn Well everyone is different the letter from my Consultant states this could be between 3/6 months even up to 12 months 😮 It's daunting isn't it

As I mentioned I can't recall this "Stiffness" with my 1st Knee Replacement 😔

If your scar is healing well gently massage some Bio-Oil I do twice a day for at least 10 minutes it temporarily helps and also with the Scar Tissue

Try to keep upbeat

I try So hard To each day

😊😊

• Posted

The worst of the stiffness really improved for me from three months. Now at five month improved even more. Just occasional now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.