Advice on staying on 50mgs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. I know we are not professionals on here but looking for others experiences.

Been on Sertaline since July. Started at 25 for a few weeks the up to 50 for a month or so then doc increased me to 75. When I was on 50, I wasn't quite there but was feeling better. Doc put me on 75 and have been struggling the last 4 weeks. So today the doc told me that maybe 50 is enough.

The mornings are the worst, anxiety is really bad and head fuzzy. I also have this white noise thing going on on my ears??? As the day goes on the anxiety calms down so not too bad. Just want to get better.

Anyone got some positive stories please?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Jay

I suffer from a Chronic Condition and need to take not only ADs also Opiates and other medications. In my case it took two years to get me on the right medications. All treatment plans take time to settle and sometimes things need to be reassessed every now and again.

Many people find mornings are bad for their Anxiety and Depression so you need coping techniques to lift your mood during the mornings, we go for a walk with the dog, sometimes we go to the beach. What I am trying to say is look for diversions that helps me lift my mood. 

BOB

• Posted

Thankyou Bob. Always good advice from you a d I'm sorry you have a few things going on.

It's just so tough.. I will walk to the kids school today and see if the fresh air helps.. even though it's freezing outside.

Thanks again and I guess I need to be patient

• Posted

So taken my 50 mgs and a sleeping tablet from docs so let's hope tomorrow is a better day

Night night every one and will keep you updated

• Posted

Stay with it, the first few days/weeks can be really rough. I was on 50 and then took myself off of it, was fine for a month then anxiety returned. So now I'm getting myself back on it. Headaches, nausea, seeing spots, muscle weakness. It's all very typical but it does get better and you do feel better just stick with it.

• Posted

Thanks Charlie. I am trying really hard. I would have thought that after 3 months I should be way better but not the case. 😥

• Posted

If your GP has advised 50mg give that a try and see how it goes. Give it about four weeks or so and see how you feel  then.If you still feel not quite right talk to your GP for a reassessment

BOB

• Posted

I will do Bob. She said I was to go back in 2 weeks.. maybe the 75 was too strong for me as I was doing well on 50.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.