Advice on therapy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having telephone counselling 6 sessions and coming up to last session considering meeting therapist face to face. It will be very hard to do, but make things more real. Thoughts please? Has anyone done this?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've never done therapy over the phone, although I know a lot of people do. It might be scary for you, but I do recommend meeting with a therapist in person. It's important (in my opinion) to have that human connection with someone you're placing trust in, like a therapist. It will help make the entire experience more meaningful. Goodluck with it, friend. Have a wonderful week

Peace xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.  I totally agree.  That is exactly what I was feeling.  Thank you xxx 
  • Posted

Bingo

I have only had one appointment like that, a pre assessment, then went on a waiting list  Personally I prefer to see the whites of their eyes as talking on the phone is a little impersonal. I am having a course of treatment at home very soon as I suffered a wobbler a while ago as my Wife thought I was at risk.

Some people may feel happy with the telephone, whatever rings your bell.

We are always around

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob, That is the reassurance I needed to clarify what I was feeling.   Telephone counselling is a great way to access a service when you can't otherwise, but nothing beats that 1-1.  Thank you very much for taking the time and care to reply xx

• Posted

I am currently seeing a psychiatrist, my approach is whatever helps i need to overcome this. This feeling is not a fun one to say the least i would recommend you do also to learn coping techniques
    • Posted

I hope that you are making progress with the psychiatrist.  You are so right, whatever it takes.  Thank you, I will learn coping techniques and plough ahead.  Thanks for caring to reply. Best wishes to you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.