advice please?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Gallbladder removed end September, have just experienced my fourth bout of pain, diarrhoea and sickness, pure bile and lots of it. It is also very painfull where gallbladder was removed. If did not know better would think I was having gallstone attack. Is this how it goes?. Due to also catching this cough/flu virus thing that's going around does not help. When coughing extreme pain on left side under rib cage, have to hold it when coughing. Could this be hiatus hernia, was told have one but not sure where exactly. I do have Barretts Oesophagus, diverticulitus and Ibs, plus recent gallbladder surgery.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Poor you but I don't fortunately have other gut problems so perhaPs I will be luckier if the gbladder is removed. Hope things resolve for you. I think that the hiatus is a valve at the top end of the stomach sand acts to stop bile rising up into the throat.aggie
  • Posted

Hi Janet.

Are you eating a low fat diet? Coughing does make your left side hurt. As for the bile reflux and diahrea you should check with your doctor for meds. I'm glad to say I didn't have those after my surgery in Nov.

It could be happening because of the food you are eating. Eat small low fat meals. No dairies, fatty, and greasy foods, and no spicy foods.

Saturday I had a hamburger and pizza in one day and I was hurting most of the night. So I know not to have both again in one day.

I have got back on most foods and ptty much stick to my low fat diet.

You need to get both the diahrea and bile reflux under control before it causes another issue. Let your doctor know what is going on.

Take care.

Lori

• Posted

Yes Lori, follow the fodmap map diet and very careful with what I eat. The coughing is from a virus. By what I am finding out, the bile and distress is after effects from the op. Few things going on at once.
    • Posted

I'm one of the lucky ones that hasn't had bile reflux. Some people have had it real bad.

My husband had been sick when I was recovering and lucky for me I didn't catch it.

I hope you feel better real soon.

• Posted

Hi Lori, have been on low fat diet nearly 2 years. I follow the fodmap, what is going on is mainly post op fro gallbladder and probe with h.hernia by what I am reading up on.
    • Posted

After gallbladder surgery you can get a hernia. Sorry! I was so scared about getting one myself that I didn't left anything if I didn't have too.

Great job being on the diet. I have broken it a few times with only one attack, pizza and cheese hamburger in one day was to much. Plus we didn't eat our meals on time, my stomach doesn't like that. So I was up most of the night in pain. Finally got up to get an ice pack and got some sleep.

Are they going to do surgery?

Lori

• Posted

The HERNIA is from my barretts osphecus,which was diagnosed long before my gallbladder op. No op as yet. Do not really want another one. Already loads.
    • Posted

My husband had hernia surgery before I meet him. He was sore for awhile and he still gets sore in that area if he doesn't pay attention to wait and how he's doing things.

I never heard of barretts osphecus. Hang in there and I hope you feel a lot better real soon, its no fun hurting all the time.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up