Advice please?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm on day 55 of 20mg and I feel weird. I'm not shaking as much but I keep getting tension headaches (might be due to weather, stress or bad neck/shoulders) and my anxiety is weird. I just feel out of it, my thoughts can be really weird or hard to control and I feel like I'm not myself. I talk to someone and I find myself thinking would I normally say/think that? My memory is weird too, I have learning difficulties which affect my memory anyway but my mind is so muddled it's hard to recall stuff and I'm doubting my memory. I guess I feel kind of dopey and just muddled. Is this normal for anxiety/depression/fluoxitine? I guess I'm just scared its something worse because I feel so weird.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Understood. I'm coming up on 5 month's and just this last month have noticed a great relief. I was prescribed 40mg but wanted to give 20mg a long while as well as CBT with psychologist on stress and anxiety. Focus on what I can do today. Hit the gym, color, read,music. Stay away from the people that stress me out. Definitely a long process and would be nice if it was simple but as you know it's not.
    • Posted

So what I'm feeling is normal? Just tired of being so muddled and confused
    • Posted

Normal for me is what I've been trying to reach. I understand getting there is easier for some than others. Reading others testimonies will help you with your own. I've learned alot here from others who have had similar journeys. Seems like forever but it will pass. It is definitely a hopeless feeling at the start and middle stage's of our brains working it out. You will get there. I've found in others readings that alot of the symptoms are similar but not always exactly the same.
  • Posted

Hi I'm on day 33 of flu total but on day 9 of my upped dose to 40mg..I thought I had finally seen the light today as I woke up great..but now 7 hours later I feel weird again..and i keep getting headaches and stiff neck..almost a bobble head feeling.pressure un my head.scary..but I get them too.im not ad shaky..but my anxiety still there with panic..hoping for better days..I've Been in flu hell for 1 month already.
  • Posted

I myself on day 42...... On day 35 i had a reasonable day, was happy to think I was on the up, but went down a little after that, today I woke up with terrible shaking and anxiety, 11pm I finely feel calm, I have read on here that this is what can happen to start with, you can be up and down x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.