Advice please

Posted , 7 users are following.

For the past 4 months I've been suffering with palpitations, headaches, dizziness, lump sensation in throat, burning in throat or cold feeling, ended up in a and e and had ECG and bloods all normal, told I had anxiety, told to go to gp who put me on citalopram. ( I do not feel anxious and the only time I do is because of the way I feel illness wise) I have been on them nearly 2 months and all above symptoms apart from palpitations still remain, last week I went to the gp again who this time said I had reflux ( no tests didn't even look me over) and game me some omeprazole take one in morning and one at night, been on them a week and I'm still getting no relief, can anyone help because I am honestly scared I'm just going to drop dead, anyone else have these symptoms?

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I also forgot to include I feel like I have alot of mucus in my throat and I'm constantly clearing it, I haven't got a cough, the chest pain is around sternum area and I get pain in my tummy just below my ribs on the right side feels like a band of tightness.
  • Posted

Hi Tasha

Certainly sounds like my symptons, I have been told I have Silent Reflux after a couple of examinations. Have been prescribed PPI medication and trying to change to a GERD diet. I have been suffering for nearly a year now and avoid alcahol, coffee, curries etc but can't say it has made any real difference. I think by reading this forum for a couple of months that other sufferers say it is a long, slow process to try and sort it out. But as long as it does sort it out I will do all I can to get rid of this disease. Personally I do not think Drs take it seriously enough, maybe it need a Dr to also be a sufferer and then things might change.

All the best,

• Posted

Hopefully we will beat it just don't understand how I've gone from being a healthy 29yr old to being a recluse, omeprazole just doesn't seem to be working with this constant burn in my throat and shortness of breath I'm worrying what damage it's doing to my insides, I'm trying to change I've always been the type to mid night snack as having kids often means I don't eat alot in the day and come night time I'm starving, thanks for the reply hope you feel well soon
    • Posted

Hi Tasha,

I totally understand your anxiety! When similar issues started 1.5 years ago for me, I was terrified. I'm not an expert like some wonderful people in this forum who are always ready to help, but I can give you a few tips! My silent reflux has improved to the point I can control it with diet and zantac only. My first advise is, don't be anxious. Anxiety worsens reflux and all the symptoms you mentioned are classic reflux. It took me 3 months to accept my condition but once I did, it got easier to heal. Every person is different but try these basic lifestyle modifications in addition to the medications prescribed and see if those help!

1. Eat 4 or 5 smaller meals instead of 3 large meals.

2. Raise the head of your bed by 6 inches with blocks, books or bricks so you can sleep elevated.

3. Avoid alcohol, chocolate, caffeine, dairy, fried, spicy and sour foods for a while and see if that helps.

4. Don't eat anything 3 hours prior to sleeping.

Initially it was difficult, but after a while it got easier to do all these things. Now I've healed to the point I can eat or drink almost everything except chocolate and alcohol.

Get well soon!

• Posted

Oh my goodness,after reading your comments It seems that you are speaking for me lol , I am 29 and I also eat just before going to bed, I was healthy and can eat all what I like ,but suddenly 7 months ago I became this kinda person,but much better now
  • Posted

hi tasha sorry to hear that i am facing problem from 3 and half year now though i become little bit fine but sum time it get worse----before i feel that my heart escape a beat and stop for a while then after a seconds its start beating again---i have chest tightness most of the times soem time little bit pain i have done ecg 6+ times and also i do echo while in echo and ecgs i feel most of the time that my heart escape beat but the result will come normal----and i have done blood test till now liver function tests,hepatites,tyrod,typhoid,cbc blood test,stool tests,ultrasounds,and i donate blood 2 times so mostly all of the test have been done its clear but still facing the problem-----i take lansoprazole for almost 70 days 30 mg a day take esmo prazole 1 month but didnot work well for me the tablet work for me is famotodine made by india i use it 2 months and i feel well not totaly but like 85% i feel well but the suddenly i face another problem of loose stool with that medicine sad by which i stop that----still goinng to the doctor to figure out my problem but nothing positive has been seen yet some time i have panic attacks that i feel i have heart aatck specially when me i am little scared or worried i am scared to travel in plane thats why if i sit in plane after few minutes i struggle and feel i have an heart attack and then burps will start such a drama don,t know what wrong with me -----you said you have mucus in the throat can you plz say it to me what colour----bcoz i  have a white mucuc from my nose some times which i discuss with   before he say i have an illergy he didnot do test but a month ago i go to the doctor and he say me that i have allergy bcoz he see in my blood test of allergy--don,t know whats that i request to the doctor for endoscopy and on june 18 i have an endoscopy let me see whats the problem i am sick of that some one will say i am damn pshcyco doctor think i am stress patient,family members think ihave mentally problem and to be very honest now my wife say some time to me that i am young but have lot of issues of health like old man which makes me to much hurt what an i do if i have a problem----to much sad always scared and most of the times burps when i feel heavy in my chest when i burps alot hours some times i feel fine then-----most of the doctor say i have acid reflus endscopy will tell whts the real problem if i found some thing positive i will inform you here 
    • Posted

I am surprised if any of your doctor did not put you on any anti depressant? ! Because everyone is saying including you that you are anxious ,I advise you to ask your doctor
    • Posted

I am on meds for anxiety I wrote it above lol citalopram I've been on them about 2 months
  • Posted

sorry lot of spelling mistake i just come home now from work i type fast thats why lot of mistake hope you will understand that 
  • Posted

ask your doctor to put you on triple therapy as your throat lumps seems to have some infection

,and instead of omeprazole ,zantac 300mg at night working far better for me

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear of your symptoms.

It could be reflux or a bit of both as anxiety can make reflux worse. I am 30 and have had reflux, heartburn and stomach problems for around 15yrs . Omeprazole didn't give much relief but doctors always dismissed my concerns and didn't seem to take them seriously. Last year after years of demanding a scope and investigations they found I have barrats esophagus which is damage and changes to the lining caused by the acid etc. So keep on at your doctor if the omeprozole isn't working after a few weeks then make sure you get something else for it ... Hope u get some relief and feel better soon 😊

• Posted

iram most of my doctors say it to me i have stress and they give me anti depressant tablets to calm my mind once i used it for 2 months whih make me little bit fine but i leave it because every time i feel sleepy the main cause of my problem is that i am to sensitive if i feel little burps i make it an issue since from 2010 when i have a surgery of gall bladder i have an anxiety problem but i never notice to much but when i feel heart beat escape thats it my problem starts then----now if i have a thin stool like a fingure or so i google it and make me scared about cancer-----though i have some time normal stool most of the time loose stool i have before i pass stool 4 to 5 times a day and the colour changed i go to gstro doctor they say me its fine if there is no blood bco u don,t have gall bladder-----now i am in japan working in a company my work is heavy since from when i come here in japan i pass stool once a day or once in 2 days...but its not to much some time small some time loose some time fine-----google will make me scared-----don,t know what to do?i am our weight to from last 2 years may be that is the cause-------no weight loose till now any ways i here in japan most of the people have thin stool may be because of the food here and becaue of to much hard work but no one will take to much stress accept me----i have an appointment with doctor on june 18 for endoscopy after that may be i do ct or mri or colonscopy to to fix the problem if there is some------i advise you people never google your symptoms other wise it will make your mind worse----i will update here thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.