Advice please

Posted , 7 users are following.

For the past 4 months I've been suffering with palpitations, headaches, dizziness, lump sensation in throat, burning in throat or cold feeling, ended up in a and e and had ECG and bloods all normal, told I had anxiety, told to go to gp who put me on citalopram. ( I do not feel anxious and the only time I do is because of the way I feel illness wise) I have been on them nearly 2 months and all above symptoms apart from palpitations still remain, last week I went to the gp again who this time said I had reflux ( no tests didn't even look me over) and game me some omeprazole take one in morning and one at night, been on them a week and I'm still getting no relief, can anyone help because I am honestly scared I'm just going to drop dead, anyone else have these symptoms?

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been to see doctors again today, I had a chest x ray so awaiting results, he said to give the omeprazole more time as I've only had it a week he also gave me some gavisgon advanced. Popped into a local health store and brought some manuka honey at 20 umf it was really expensive but anything is worth a try! Hopefully xrays come bk fine, he offered me an endoscopy but I am so scared! My heart was pounding the whole time I was with the doctor, I've always been nervous in hospital surroundings but since this anxiety it's gotten worse, please all keep me posted on how you get on, it's nice to talk to people with the same issues, my partner nor my family understand they just think nothing is the matter, truthfully if I could stay in bed forever I would but with 3 kids and a family that's impossible.
  • Posted

Tasha no one understand me to when ever i talk with my family members they laugh at me they think i have some mental problem---as well as my friends and relatives think that to-------they never understand us because they are not facing the probelm we are facing the problem don,t discuss it with any one  if you are not feeling well go to the doctors bcoz its your life not the life of other people if you are not feeling well don,t think about any one else what they think go to the doctors as i do----i  visit to many doctors my heart rate become fast when ever i go to hospital------recently few weeks back i feel extreme pain in my eyes i go to the doctor he do check up of my eyes and in last he do do blood test for meafter one week when i go back again to be very honest my heart beat become like booo0om bo0o0oo0m to much scared i hear only my fast heart rate nothing else--------but look we are fcing the problem and what ever it is we can not live with it for all our life we need to see whats our problem---hi am waiting for my endoscopy lets see what happens after that i will run one more test for stomach colonscopy or ct scanhope your chest x ray result will be normal 
  • Posted

now i am 30 iram 
    • Posted

According to your age, you are so much anxious about your health, you don't have any big disease. Its your brain which is making you feel like that, tAke your anti depressant medicine on time, perform your 5 time prayers,and every time when you feel anxious or worry about anything..take a glass of water recite 3rd kalma at least 15 times then drink it Allah bless you with health aameen
  • Posted

thanks iram i do so------but i am afraid of height when ever i travel bs all the story y plane i have such a bad anxiety attack i feel for a while i have a heart attack my breath stop for a while then after some time burps starts--------specially on a long journey when i am travelling from abroad to my country or going back-----i don,t have gall bladder may be because of that i discuss few days back with my new doctor in japan and he say i have gerds but i request him for endoscopy so he say ok and in june i have endoscopy------i always remember God and pray by which now i am 85% fine before i have terrible anxiety and i run to the doctors ----every week i will change my doctors any ways thanks for your reply and hope so i will feel fine soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.