Advice please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies, I wonder if anyone could advise me, although I'm not sure how to explain. 8 week post op A&PhD repair, had my check up last week and all went well, couple of stitches not dissolved yet but going well. Over the last couple of days I've been getting a strange feeling just inside my vagina, feels like there is a tampon that's not quite put in properly and get a feeling that there is a bubble, nothing to see or feel but feels quite strange. Am I going potty, back to work on Tuesday. No pain or discomfort just an odd feeling.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You aren't going potty carolyn because what you describe is normal and I'm surprised you haven't had that feeling before. A lot of ladies will know what you mean and I had the feeling after my surgery. I'm not absolutely sure what causes it but I suspect it's just a bit of internal swelling but nothing to worry about. Good luck going back to work but please take things carefully, don't undo all that good work.
  • Posted

Hi Carolyn, ii don't tend to post on here much anymore for one reason or another but I couldn't help but to reply.

To you.. This is exactly what has been doing my head in since my anterior repair 8 weeks ago.. I have been wondering ifbi had got something going on inside

me but after 3checks from my wonderful urogynacologist he put my mind at rest.. I think this sensation is natural and I put it down the healing tissues etc.

I return to work next Thursday too and hope it goes.I have hasf a very straight forward recovery and I am very glad of that. I think we need time to get used to

Our new parts and allow our boidies to adjust to the work been done. I also think ad I've been so used to having a bulge there,my brain hadn't quite got used to

It lol.hope this helps you. Take care of yourselve and lots of healing energy your way.x

• Posted

Thank you, it's always reassuring to know that someone else has similar things.
  • Posted

Hi Carolyn, Is it when you go for a wee? I feel a sort of squelchy feeling at the front as if I'm pushing something down, it's weird because I had a Rectocele repair nothing at the front and a perineum repair.

But it's a strange feeling, can hear it as well.

• Posted

Hi Carolyn, that feeling is very familiar to me. I had ant repair 6 months ago. The first month was good for me and since the 2 month post op I have had that feeling (now only have it some days and better with pass of time) It is because of the tissues that are healing as Matron said. I feel much better now, the physio has helped me a lot although from time to time I still have the weird feeling and the sensation that I have a prolapse again. You will see improve in weeks, don't worry too much try to ignore it and focus in other things. Hugs honey 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.