Advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I could really do with some advice and reassurance from people who have been there. 6 weeks in 10mgs, 4 weeks on 15mgs and 7 weeks on 20mgs. Last 2 weeks I have been back to normal but since Sunday it has felt like I am back to the first few weeks of taking cit with regards to side effects, scalp tingling, nausea, sweating and feel really ill like I have the flu, which I don't. Has anybody else felt like this. Any advice or reassurance would be gratefully received as I feel so lost at the moment

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

I have been on Cit for over a year now and feel back to normal.  But during that time, at the beginning I had to do increases as well.  Each time I increased, I felt I went backwards.  But after a couple weeks, the side effects went away.  Unfortunately you have to wait a few weeks for the side effects to wear off.  You will be okay and everything well be better.  
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I did have side effects every time I increased and as you said they do go away, they had gone away and everything was back to normal. Now this week the side effects and only the side effects are back with a vengeance, it is all very strange having all this after 7 weeks of the higher dose and after feeling so well for 2weeks, I know there are such things as blips but did not expect something so strong and thought the blips would bring back the anxiety issues not the side effect issues, complete mystery
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sue, have you started taking any other medication? As certain meds can affect how celexa metabolises. Also, I know alcohol can reduce affects of celexa.

I have had ongoing side effects as am very sensitive to these.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for getting back to me paula, you are always here for all of us. No I am not on any other meds, apart from the occasional paracetamol, don't drink alcohol, gave up years ago and do not take any vitamins or herbal remedies, GP did tell me yesterday I could take travel sickness pills for my nausea but have only taken 1 of those over 24 hours ago. Dr and Chemist think it maybe brand change....... But really would that cause side effects like this without bringing back the initial problem (anxiety) as I said last 2 weeks have been back to normal, even driving to work, meeting friends and staying at home on my own. Since Sunday that has all stopped due to feeling so ill! Hope your day has been ok?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Sue, thank you!  am feeling much better although cannot shake the extreme tiredness which seems to be improving too slowly for my liking, still have side effects from cita but will be coming off them soon. You know, with everything I have read about anti anxiety and anti depression meds it really does not surprise me at all, to hear that you have had a few good weeks and feeling bad again, hang in there as everyone is different and can take some people longer to settle.  You will be back out with your friends again soon smile
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi how's you today? I have been giving some serious consideration to decreasing my dose, I do not feel as ill today but still not right. All I seem to be doing is sleeping the morning away and then struggling to go out in the late afternoon by the evening I feel fairly normal. Husband (who is one of the best) says to stick with the 20mgs till Monday and if still not enough improvement go back to GP and ask advice on what to do next. I am truly fed up with it all now but so grateful for the support I get from family, friends and on here x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Sue

I am on 20mg and always struggle to get out of bed in the mornings, am a month in with withdrawal from Amitryptyline and cannot work out if its that or the citalorapram.  Its a good sign your symptoms are improving, will be interesting to see how you feel on Monday and if you do decide to reduce, expect some withdrawal symptoms.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up