Advice? Scared to leave house

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey, just wondering has anyone else had a relapse and have you ever been scared to leave your house i haven't left mine in over a month 😕 and the thought makes me breathless etc.. the old usual 😃 i have had to do shopping online i have a 6 year old & i feel so bad i cant get out to take him out advice please on how any of you got over it!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi i also cant leave my house due to anxiety panic attacks i have a 7 year old and a 1 year old my brother takes and picks my 7 year old up from school it really is horrible and im glad im not the only one

• Posted

Have you tried seeing a therapist? Some will hold sessions via phone and skype etc. if you are unable to come to their office. I find therapy helps me with my anxiety a lot.

• Posted

Its a horrible horrible thing...I will not go out alone. and even with someone, I am swaying, like I am drunk..its so embarrassing, my Hubby has to do the shopping, and hang clothes on the line..I had this nearly mastered a few years ago, by taking baby steps...walking out to our front gate..then going a little further, then going around the block. kept doing this, until I felt comfortable doing it...I ended up walking up the town, and home...I felt like I was let out of prison...Then, one night coming home, I took a panic attack,and could not move..I was half way home, so I forced myself on...needless to say, it set me back big time...after all my hard work, I was housebound again...My DR told me later, I dealt with it all wrong, setbacks are common, and I should have kept walking out..he said, it was like falling off a bicycle, you just get up,and get back on it...its the only way to get over it though...I might try it all again soon...xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.