Advide needed please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All, I have suffered with anxiety, depression and ocd all life. Im currently on 30mg citalopram, have since early September, very up and down at first, then I settled down around late november which lasted till end of December, however since then ive gone downhill again, then today I received a phone call telling me I dont fit the criteria for ESA which has now been terminated, for me this feels like the straw that will break my back, lately I cant get out of bed let alone go to work, im so angry, frustrated and desperate, what is the point? Its obvious to a blind person im ill, yet now I have to go and sort out my benefit situation, life feels utterly pointless right now.....sincerely ....Luke

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Luke. you are not alone even though sometimes it feels that way. Im 22 and suffer with anxiety and people rarely understand unless goin through it themselves. youve done the right thing by posting on here, i joined today and already i feel loads better. even though at first it is hard getting up and doing things always is a better option than staying in bed. any little thing you do out of your comfort zone is an acomplishment. You need something to occupy your brain away from the negative. i have had an awful awful start to 2015 so my anxiety has been extreme but im trying to focus on the postitives. I also suffer with mild OCD in regards to cleanliness and germs but i flip this and think its good to be clean and germ free smile i always say i am not depressed my anxiety is making me depressed so its a viscous circle sad i regulary feel sick, tired and not wanting to leave the house but i refuse to be beaten so i carry on working otherwise my life will spiral. i work full time and am finding it difficult to hold a job down as sometimes i dont go in beacuse i think im ill but its all in my head but it gives me physical symptoms. exersise and fresh air is calming i find. i also take deep breaths if im feeling overwhelmed. 
    • Posted

Thanks Beth, I had a good november and december, then bam, the obsessive thoughts are back, the physical symptoms are back and the light at the end of the tunnel had faded rapidly the last few weeks.
    • Posted

theres always a light at the end of the tunnle. The reason you feel this way again is probably because there is such a build up to christmas then the january blues hits. when you get your obsessive thoughts think to yourself that your being ridiculous. i know its hard but when i get a thought i say to myself for god sake that is not going to happen. slowly ive got better but there a few things i just cant leave alone.
  • Posted

Hello Luke, People have given you advice so all i can add is if you real feel that bad, appeal your ESA. My friend did and received it. It would help you if you could have someone with you for support.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Amen to this ^^^

I appealed my decision, it took something like ten months but I won & got the ten months worth of money refunded.

Get your gp to write you a letter & submit it with your appeal forms..

Be sure & make copies of all your forms befor you send them, one or two of mine went ''walkies''& its a real pain getting another from gp.

Stay possitive in your thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.