advise!😓

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i have been on cit 10mg. Today is my 5th day and my jaw hurts from clinching it! I mean even to talk is hard because i feel like its pressed shut almost. And i have noticed it gets worse at night. Grinding my teeth has even woke me up. And i get this nasty tast in my mouth. Anyone else have these symtoms. Or know when they will ware off

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I definitely had the clinched jaw, but it isn't so bad now. I was on 10 mg for a month and now 2 weeks at 20 mg. I didn't have the nasty taste so much, but have read where others have. These symptoms should subside in a week or two. 

Right now, I have head pressure. I hope it goes away as my body gets use to the Cit.

• Posted

I can honestly say my side effects havent been that horrible. I think maybe because ive been haven these symptoms from anxiety so it doeant bother me. Like nausea i got before cit because anxiety so high it made me sick and i havent been eating anything. I have mayne had 3 slices of bread in 3 days. I drink tons of water to keep hydrated. But the jaw clinching is horrible.

Im only on day 5 thoughim hopeing symptoms dont get worse. I do have a headache all the time now.

• Posted

I notice i clench my jaw but not to that extent. You may need an occlusal gaurd for bruxism (teeth grinding). Citalopram really works well but the weight gain is horrible. I'm starting to skip somedays so i can get up to do things and not be sleepy or hungry.
    • Posted

Hey there.

I actually havent been able to eat much of anything. And yes i think i will see about getting one. Do you think that effect will stop. Or does it just keep on till i off my meds

• Posted

Hi I didn't have bad symptoms just a sore jaw and awful headaches and no appetite. It's goes in a week or two. I'm on 29mg week 4 and don't get any symptoms now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.