Advise on withdrawal please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hiya

Sorry for the long post I was just looking for some advise on coming off of lofepramine. I am extremely sensitive to medication and upon missing a dose 8 months ago my body just lost all control. This episode really scared me as I have OCD so made the decision to come off of them. I was taking 2x70mg tablets once in the morning and one in the evening. My consultant advised taking half a tablet away at first for 2 weeks and continue to do this until I was completely off of them. I was too scared to do this so I took away a quarter. This has still left me feeling really awful constantly feeling sick and dizzy. Having panic attacks and struggling to sleep. I have also been starting to severly itch at night and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this? Also does anyone have any tips on coping with the withdrawal? It's going to be a very long few months!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I feel for you. I am on my third week of taking Lofepramine. I was on 70mg at night then the Dr told me to start taking 70mg on a morning too. I felt dreadful, hot sweats, dry wretching, and the overwhelming feeling of impending doom, that is the only way I can describe it. I have decided to withdraw from this medication so I am going to follow your Drs advice and take half away at night. I only had  one dose on a morning for one day. 

So I am not going to worry about that. 

Like you I am also very sensitive to meds. It's so scary. 

I hope you managed to get off them it would be good if you could update this post with your outcome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.