Afraid to sleep

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey ive been getting these weird episodes of trying to fall asleep but when i do it almost feels like my heart stopped or i stopped breathing so i pop up and gasp fir air. my head feels dizzy or lightheaded. it comes and goes, i literally just had two episodes a few minutes ago. but im terrified and afraid to sleep please help. is this a cause to be worried about?

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hey im.I'm. and with this feeling .. I would wake up scared to death like I stopped breathing .. hey racing trembling and gasping for air.. palpitations

and feeling of doom

are you eating right.?

this was so scary..

• Posted

it could be sleep apnea. you should yalk to your doc about it.

• Posted

my diet could be better. it happened maybe 4 or 5 times lastnight. then i eventually just passed out.

• Posted

Hi

Definitely sleep anxiety I have it Its the most awful thing. Shoot up gasping for breath and feel like my heart has stopped, its terrifying. I too am scared to fall asleep, but eventually pass out x

• Posted

sorry you are going through this, do u suffer from anxiety normally?THAT can cause u to panic about breathing , heart and cause light headedness.

your heart and breathing are automatic functions, so u dont have to worry.

I really suggest you learn proper breathing for fear and panic . it really helps!

Go to you tube and search for "Stop panic attacks now" they tell you how to calm down and walk you through.

many great meditations for anxiety, panic, sleep, etc.

I NEVER make it through them, i fall asleep because they are so relaxing!

REMEMBER to get a yearly checkup with your doctor for peace of mind.

youll be ok.

• Posted

yes, i suffer from anxiety. i have several panic attacks a week sometimes multiple times a day. seems like im always worrying. and its even worse when im alone. ive downloaded a few meditation apps. but im going to go in youtube as well to see if it helps. thanks so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.