After 2 years with fibroids my period now played 13 days

Posted , 6 users are following.

I went to. My gyn and he put me on birth control to stop the bleeding and it worked well. He did a biopsy of my uterus which he said was protocol before an ablation or hysterectomy. I'm freaking out about waiting on the test results. I will know on Monday. Anyone else have a similar experience?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle

I had the oblation done nearly 2 years ago it stopped my bleeding for around 4 months then all started again I am due to go for a full hysterectomy on Tuesday 14yh July. I am terrified ha xx but for the best as period range from 8 days to 25 days. I asked for this at the time of the oblation but was denied. I hope all goes well for you on Monday let me know how it goes.

Nic

• Posted

Did you always have longer periods? Mine were heavy with clotting for the last couple of years. This month it was a little different..late lighter then normal heavy then back to light with small clots. I'm just worried that the change means something is wrong. I have had more stress this month so I'm wondering if that is the reason for the change.
  • Posted

hi michelle, can i ask what birth control you were put on. following my myomectomy my periods are starting to get heavier/clotty once again, so feel now the pill is my only option.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.