After a big day, I want to give a little thanks..

Posted , 7 users are following.

Or a 'big' thanks actually.

Today was the day that I officially graduated from University, it is also the day that one year ago...I was terrifyingly violated and attacked. 

I became so depressed following the attack and found solace on this site. It was so hard going to University and working on a dissertation with so much going on in my mind. I hated myself, I didn't want to live, I self harmed every day and I didn't see how I would make it to the end of the day let alone year. 

But, I did it. 

I graduated, I finished University and I moved away. 

I'd love to say all is great now but unfortunately I am still battling depression on a daily basis however, for today - I want to take away the negativity that I usually spout and thank everyone on this site who has listened to me, supported me and guided me throughout the last twelve months. I never thought I would find such insightful and caring people but I am so glad I did as without you all, I do not know that I would have made it this far. 

There is a very long road ahead of me (of all of us) but, together we are making it, step by step; day by day. 

Thank you and all of my love

Fee xxx

3 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Congratulations, clever you!!!

I feel very proud of you and I know that you will make very good use of that education, you will make your mark on the world.

I hope things continue to improve, Fee, I am sure they will, you have a brilliant attitude which will carry you through.

Sending you much love,

Pat xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much Patricia, you are such an inspirational and loving person, this site is lucky to have you!! 

I hope that you are doing well, I appreciate all of your support so much, thank you smile xxxx

• Posted

It's difficult for all your friends to find the words to tell you just how proud we are :-) You have achieved so much and come so far, against the odds, and now you have chosen to focus on the positive. It is a long road we are travelling, but we are on it together. I hope and pray that you will find this same courage, hard and diamond-like, within yourself if the clouds of doubt ever come across your skies. They don't have the power to blot out your sun for long. Let your light shine!

Beaming with pride that I have the privilege of knowing you & being able to call you "friend".

Hugs, hugs & more hugs (sorry for being soppy!) xx

• Posted

Thanks for message - really thoughtful of you and really touched me  , i will be replying but as i had no sleep last night my Get up and Go has slowed down , am feeling very tired , just going to make a start on my tablets for the night as well as AD's i also have to take Warfarin , then see if i can get to sleep .
    • Posted

Aw Digsby <3  thank="" you="" so="" much="" for="" being="" there="" throughout="" all="" of="" this,="" i="" am="" beyond="" thankful="" smile ="" i="" would="" not="" have="" made="" it="" this="" far="" without="" the="" love="" and="" support="" from="" the="" people="" on="" this="" site,="" such="" a="" strong="" and="" caring="" community="" of="" friends="" that="" i="" am="" so="" glad="" i="" found!!="" smile ="" much="" love="" my="" friend=""><3 xxxx>
    • Posted

You are being soppy Digsby but I love it smile    Bev x

• Posted

Hi latiffa...it was about 4 to 6 wks before I felt the benefits...I was calmer, it helped with those awful...black...depressing episodes...after a while..I had the dose increased.....and later on I had them raised once more to 200 mgs....the maximum....

I still have some very bad days, but compared to how I was...it is a life I can enjoy......I am also on a medication for spinal problems...PREGABALIN / LYRICA....300 mgs....luckily it also works for generalized ANXIETY....

You can ask to have your antidepressants increased if they are not working enough to lift your mood.....

I truly hope that your life will be a lot happier and easier...( many people dislike phones. ) take each day as it comes..make to you both EAT AND SLEEP as well as you can....big, big very warm hugs to you lovey...Deirdre xxxx

• Posted

Congrats Fee well done thats is a massive acheivement both with university and with finding your inner spirit to kjeep fighting in such tough times! The fact you understand the illness and pain means you have unlocked your potential to find happiness thru it and once again be in a good space keep working at it Fee and keep us posted xx 
    • Posted

Thank you Stevo smile 

I definitely wouldn't be here without the support of this great community, the kindness of others really does make a difference xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.