After anxiety....trouble !

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello again dear friends. I need some opinions. After 4 months coping with anxiety and feeling like crap i finally managed to recover....but not completely. My morning anger and allday iritabillity is still there. Now I have something new: when i smell strong scents like smoke, bakery, hot air etc i feel a sudden loss of air and panic. Its a crazy feeling and i dunno what to do. Is this still an anxiety symptom ? :\ 

I also have so called Anxiety dream "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety_dream"

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Definitely an anxiety symptom! 

You may be repressing your anxiety instead of actually coping with it, so now your irritibility is triggered by a change in smell and your brain has made it an opportunity to release some anxiety. 

The only way I learnt to control this symptom was to continue on with long term coping treatments, such as controlled breathing, mindfulness, writing in a diary when i can, regular half an hour walks every day. Of course I relapse all of the time but I've found its much worse when I stop trying to treat my anxiety and convince myself I've cured it. 

• Posted

many thanks for your input. I also noticed cold feet symptom is back.  I cant stand thinking to get through this hell again.

Also, could extreme cold weather increase anxiety ?  Last few days were -18 celsius here in Romania.

• Posted

Today I was panicking about cold feet. Now I won't because a few people on here have said about it, so can tick it off as 'another annoying symptom of H Anxiety! But minus 18 could explain it too!

• Posted

cold feet with or without cold hands are a classic anxiety symptom unfortunately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.