After Cit

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I started taken Cit in December last year when I really couldn't deal with the depression and self hate. After about 8 weeks of taking it I really began to feel better. I know that I wouldn't have felt better by myself ...I'd been trying for at least 2 years.

After taking the drug for 9 months I decided to try and get off it. This was a bit scary as I thought that once I stopped, I'd be miserable again.

I've been completely off them for 2 months and still feel as good.It's as if the drugs got my body chemically balanced again. I had a few headaches but nothing much else when I came off.

I just wanted to share that with you x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so much for bothering to come on to post about your positive outcome with Cit.I'm sure it will help lots of us struggling in the first weeks or months of taking Cit.

Hope all continues to go well for you. smile

rose x

• Posted

hiya gracescott, i was just wondering how did you ever manage to come off cit? i know you were only on them for a short while and iv been on them for years but i wonder did you reduce down slowly and how many mg were you taking?
  • Posted

Hi Grace

Great news to hear that you are keeping well after coming off Cit. It must feel wonderful to know that you are able to cope with life again and not rely on the meds.

I've been taking Cit 20mg now for 6 months and feel absolutely great! In that time I've re-evaluated a few things in my life and one of them was giving up my dead-end job. Big gamble I know, but it had to be done (a long story there). Seem more positive about things now and have just signed up to an IT course to gain a higher level qualification.

I'm hoping to start the decrease and the weaning off process within the next few months and was a little concerned that I may start to fall back into that black hole again, but after reading your experience I am hopeful.

Keep well and happy

Thanks for sharing your experience :D

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for the posts back. I made a lot of changes in my life after cit got me functioning again, including changing jobs!

I waited til I felt I was in a 'good place' before I made the decision to drop cit. It took me about 1 mth to go down from 20mgs to nothing. I wouldn't recommend this as a set time though, as this is a personal thing.

I had headaches and a few head clicks, which other people experience. I went through about a month of being really irritable ...but you get the same when you quit cigarettes!

I still get a bit down now, on occasion...but that's normal. It's nothing like the depression I had, the blackness and not being able to face the world.

I think you know in yourself when you don't need cit anymore. Then its just a question of getting your body weaned off it ...and take as long as you personally need to do this.

Good luck xx

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up