After eating......anyone else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else feel less well AFTER they eat? 

I’ll explain...sometimes I think it’s reflux and other times not sure.

I’ve really been tracking how I feel and yes, since Peri started I have more digestive issues like most of us.

Sometimes I’ll get some chest paid (assuming reflux, and a Zantac takes it away...) Most other times it’s like....my head will get that “heavy/thick” feeling and anytime that happens the palpitations will start- you know...that wonderful feeling of “is my heart beating too fast? Why do I feel my neck thumping? Is this a heart attack”......and THEN I’ll feel IT....”IT” being my stomach start gurgling, some gas moving around.....and either a lovely (<<<sarcasm cuz, you know- TMI lol) passing of it OR a blower movement and not too long after either of those happens, the icky feelings of panic and heart palps will eventually subside for  a bit.

Now....I DO notice that I get this way if I DONT eat at all too, (which also makes you gassy) and I notice in the mornings if I make a healthy organic shake at least within two hours of being awake, my day will be better until like around 3. If I haven’t eaten yet again by then it goes bad again. 

Does any of this make sense to any of you? I “almost” want to say most of these symptoms for me  are digestive related, but low and behind you KNOW our friend Peri isn’t gonna actually allow me to “figure it out”.....that’s not how she plays the game with us is it lol

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I have started to eat smaller meals/snacks every 2-3 hours (approx 5 times a day)and I feel much better. It lessons the heavy feeling and I also avoid the gassy/hunger feelings. I started this 3 months ago and it improved my digestive issues immediately.

• Posted

Hi str8t. My digestion has definitely changed. It's different, but not nice. I know my mom used to say her heart would race when she ate.

• Posted

Hello

Just wanted to share that I had the exact same about a year and a half ago and it triggered anxiety attacks. I would eat and then feel overcome, highly stressed, feeling of high blood pressure, with gurgling stomach etc. If I went to bed and didnt eat further it would subside. At the time I had no idea it was perimenopause I was about 48/49. I am now nearly 52 and have not had it for over a year so it should pass. 

I also had it worse after sweet things. Try also reducing bread or if you can go gluten free. And eating small quantities at a time. 

• Posted

I think it’s all peri related. 

I went down that road and thought it was all reflux and that’s why I changed my diet which in turn led to a thirty pound weight loss which made my symptoms worse. Now I eat whatever, although I stay away from caffeine. It just doesn’t seem to make a difference. The symptoms come and go when they please but always coincide with each other. Like my feet will burn, then my stomach hurts, my left back hurts and my shoulder twinges, or I get a headache, all at the same time. Then it goes away. Or my eye flashes, and heart palps start. It’s just incredible how hormones can affect the entire body. 

• Posted

Me too. Whenever i was eating super healthy. All Veges nd juicing. My symptoms were worse. Much better since i gained weight and eat a little more varied

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.