After Gallbladder op

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all again, had gallbladder removed six days ago, had pain but not severe thought I was doing o.k then when I was just about to get out of the car today with my husband went for a short drive had bad pain come onto to me, lasted about 20 minutes but had to go home and phone the doctor, she said it may be scar tissue or worst senario stone left in bile duck, any suggestions if a stone is stuck will it pass etc.  thanks Stella

2 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

This happened to me, although my surgeon was aware that a couple of stones had escaped during my gall bladder removal..

which caused me the same cramping gallbladder pain ( although not as bad as when I had a gallbladder), feeling sick, cold shivers.. Generally feeling miserable & not recovering like I had hoped.

so one month after my gallbladder removal I was going back under to have the stones removed by ERCP! Feel much better now apart from the continuous bile into my stomach rolleyes 

But if I was you, I would ask to be referred back for a scan to see if there is any stones stuck in the bile ducts Hun, as the longer they are there ( if there is) the more chance your pains will continue & infection might occur, 

good luck smile x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Stella do hope it's not a stone.

But I found sitting upright set off pains . I reclined everywhere I sat and had to recline my car seat if travelling . My pains were not a stone just healing pains . Couldn't bear do to up bra for weeks either .. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My doctor told me it was adhesions. I f your pain continues I would get another cat scan and it will confirm if a stone is there or adhesions. If mine continues that is the path I am going to take. Keep me informed!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sorry to hear this Stella. I'm sure the nurse and doctor know what to do. I had mine removed on the 11 and I'm doing pretty good. I'm just resting and taking it easy. I have been house bound this whole time. Major cabin never but its freezing outside. I still have some pain but its getting better. I hope by now you got the answers from your doctor. Let us know what the doctor does. Take it easy. Rest and drink water.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

How are you doing today Stella?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lori, after a bad bout of pain the doctor said they thought it was just gravel or sludge that was going through, apart from that, not too bad apart from tiredness and some pain.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Glad to hear it sounds like it worked it self out. I haven't left the house since the 11 when I had my surgery and I'm really got cabin fever and need to get out for awhile. So my husband is taking me to walmart to walk around for a short time. A friend of ours is having a concert, pianist, tomorrow and I want to go see him play. I hope your feeling better. So you don't have to have another surgery? I think we all are waiting for this pain just to go away. Hang in there.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up