After H. Pylori treatment still feeling same symptoms any one who passes through this situation??

Posted , 8 users are following.

Six month before my brother feels stomach pain, bloating and uncomforts in stomach due to that he didnt want to eat any thing (but forcefully). When the two diffrent doctors done endoscopy. They said that there is only acidic issue. But conditions is not geting well. Later in january 2018 they found H. Pylori. After 10 days course of 2 anti biotics the problem was still there but doc said that we will do h. Pylori test again after one month. And then the result was negative. But condition was same feeling not well.

Some doctors said you have mental issue not physical and gave him anti depression medicines which have serious aide effects.

Any one can help or facing same circumstances.???

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Imran I was diagnosed with h pylori Dec 2017. Was put on anti biotics for 1 week but followed through with my own remedies. For a good few weeks I felt like I was getting better however; I feel like I'm going back to the horrible symptoms again. Everything I eat I get acid problems burning in my stomach and esphogus, bloating lump in throat. Doc said I have ulcers so put me on omziprole as I'm not getting better it's time for the camera!! I think doctors are really struggling with killing this bug I honestly think they don't know how to treat it. I hope they get to the bottom of this very very nasty bug.

• Posted

What is conclusion?? Is this a mental issue or stomach isssue?? The was killed and the result was negative.
    • Posted

The bug was killed*
  • Posted

Hi Imran,

?My doctor says I have stomach issues however; stress brings it on then say it is mental issue.  I did suffer from depression whilst I was going through the worst of my symptoms because I wasn't getting any better, I felt like giving up!!.  I had to try pick myself up without the assistance of doctors because they had a habit of blaming stress when I know it wasn't stress and I have a stomach issue.  I am still very much battling this thing but I can say 101% in me it is not mental issues and I have a stomach issue.  I really do believe doctors don't know how to treat us and it is very easy to blame it on mental issues.  

• Posted

Thanks karen for your reply, this is exactly the same wording from my brother. Every doctor said same thing. But the problem is what is solution??

And please tell me what is your current situation?? Are you recoverd or still have issues?

• Posted

Unfortunately I am still the same and not recovered doctors won't even retest me for H Pylori so I don't even know if it's gone properly or not!! This is a very nasty bug and causes so many different problems with our bodies. How about getting a second opinion from a different doctor?

• Posted

After second test of h. Pylori were negative the doctor said that you have no issue with your stomach. We were visit 3 other doctors but every doctor said the same thing. Now he is using anti depression medicines but not feeling beter.
  • Posted

Sounds strange. I really do think they don't know how to deal with these things. Has your brother been tested for ulcers? HP can damage our stomachs but I guess if he has had an endoscopy already that should have shown up??

• Posted

Yes but now doctor is not recomended for endoscopy.

Now tell me how's your life goes on?? Are you doing job or on leave?

• Posted

I am working through all of this. Spoke to my doctor today not sending me for endoscopy yet gotta get 're tested for HP. It's a vicious circle seems there is no end!!

• Posted

Oky thanks keep sharing your experiences And when you will recovertell me the solution.
  • Posted

Will do.  Hope all goes well for your brother.  Let me know how he goes on.
    • Posted

Offcourse i will share. Here is link that proves this is not mental issue its stomach issue.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Hi I went to see my doctor in March 2018 because one morning I had really bad pain in my stomach so she prescribed me Prilosec I was taking that medicine for one month but I didn’t feel any relief  I went to see her again she told me that I had H pylori , well since then everyday I fell worse I lost 20 pounds in 3 months I’m very worried so I lost my  appetite, I do not know  what else to eat .
    • Posted

I’m currently going through this I don’t know if it’s gastrits /gerd but, I think anxiety plays a big part wanting answers and frustration and just in general not feeling well, I have been feeling a burning sensation upset/hungry feeling in my stomach bloated, accompanied by nausea I’ve lost weight and I’ve lost my appetite as well I don’t even feel like eating and currently constipated also feel heartburn, tested me for h pylori and other bacteria’s all came negative, blood work looks good, recently had a ct scan on my stomach which also showed nothing and was good. It’s stressful waiting for my endoscopy to see what’s going on, but I was taking omeprazole once a day and was not working. It’s a nightmare and take a toll in your health mentally have you got answers? Feeling better? 
    • Posted

Hello, i am struggling with my anxiety waiting for my test results to come back. Did you manage to get better and get answers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.