After I calm down from anxiety my head hurts so much. Currently on 20mg of fluoxetine on week 7

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on fluoxetine 20mg for about 7 weeks. It help ALOT. Still bad days and strange thoughts. But once I calm down and feel happier. My brain physically hurts. I can feel it. Pressure and stabbing kiND of feels. Sometime different parts of the brain. Has anyone felt this or know what's going on on why this happened? Please any feedback would be appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel. I had head pressure a lot. I think I'm on week 7 or 8 now and I don't have it as much anymore... My doctor thinks it's allergies and told me to take Zyrtec. I haven't tried to yet because I use a humidifier at night and it helps a little bit but it does go away I can tell you that. And feeling the stabbing in your brain, I think are brain zaps? I looked it up and did some research and my psychiatrist also told me that's what it was and it's harmless. You're still getting used to the Prozac. As far as I know it could take a month, it could 12 weeks to get used to this medicine. But it does get better I can tell you that.
  • Posted

And I'm only on 10 mg. just to let you know. Hopefully it just gets better day by day but sometimes you have great days and sometimes you have bad daysrolleyes
    • Posted

Thanks for your response. Day by day it does get better but the road to recovery is a real pain.
    • Posted

Hi I'm on week 5 of 40mg...and feel better..but this head pressure freaks me out...it feels like my head is going to pop..and my neck kills me..could it be the flu..or just stress??
    • Posted

I had bouts of a foggy head pressure in my head and head aches butt it does go away the more you take fluoxetine

Stress has a big effect on your body too it can affect your neck and give you head rush if a situation is overwhelming

It will pass hang in there

• Posted

I was told the neck thing was all anxiety and stress from being tense. When you have anxiety your body tenses up. And the head pressure does go away for sure. I had all that together. And now I'm on week 7 or 8 and I don't have any of it anymore.
    • Posted

Thanks guys...hopefully a couple more weeks and this goes away soon....it's just my neck hurts so much..it makes my head full of pressure..and it scares me..I sit at my desk and work holding my chin as my head feels heavy....once afternoon comes..I feel better...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.