After IUD was placed I have had brownish discharge.

Posted , 1 user is following.

So I was told that there would be spotting for the next 6 months after the IUD was placed, but I wasn't expecting spotting when my period wasn't supposed to be there. Like I understood it as I would have a period as predicted but it would be less and shorter. Then I was also told that the IUD can create a sort of fluid based plug in the openings of the cervix so I thought maybe this brown stuff is that? Or maybe it is just older blood. Which seems odd because I would think that if the spotting was to occur whenever the endometrium built up the blood would be fresh and red, but it is brown instead. Has anyone had a similar case and what is going on? I would go to the doctor to ask but I believe I'm only going to have my suspicions confirmed which wouldn't make sense to me.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.