After menopause, period pain and spottingo

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 53 and have gone through (or still going through) the menopause and haven't had a period for a few years now.  About a week ago I started experiencing 'period pains' and started spotting on my panty liners (very light) so I put a tampon in and when I pulled it out there was very faint brown spotting down one side (not bright red).   Many years ago I was diagnosed with fibroids and I read that they usually shrink at menopause, I will go and see my GP but should I worry?  

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thought I would give you an update.  I had a hysteroscopy done toda (not very pleasant procedure I have to say) anyway it turns out I have quite a large polyp and needs to be removed so am now waiting for an appointment.  I have chosen not to have a general anaesthetic ( I'm terrified of being put under) but it will be done under a local.  At least I now know what the problem is and just want to get it over and done with. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.