After surgery question..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm due to have a posterior repair in a couple of weeks. My husband has just started a new job and can't really take time of to take me to hospital, would those that have had procedures in the UK recommend that you have someone close to you take you and stay until you come round after the surgery or is it that your out of it most of the day anyway? I have to be there for 7.30. Thanks smile

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I went alone. You get an odp stay with you in theatre
  • Posted

My husband was there waiting for me to be transferred to the room from the theatre after the op, but really I was totally unaware of him being there and I think eventually he said 'I think I may as well go' because I was just sleeping off the anaesthetic.  It was nice him being with me until I went into theatre though, but maybe there's someone else to go with you?  If you do go on your own you'll probably find someone else to chat to while you wait though:-)
  • Posted

In reality you spend quite a bit of time beforehand preparing for theatre and then afterwards when I came back my husband would tell you I wasn't even aware he was there for most of it as I was just sleeping the anaesthetic off !

• Posted

Unless you are a private patient it's unlikely the staff will want you to stay.
    • Posted

Will want anyone to stay
  • Posted

Great thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.