again, freaking out over pituitary carcinomas

Posted , 3 users are following.

im still freaking out over cancer due to hearing about my slightly enlarged pituitary gland. its really starting to get to me as i keep thinking about cancerous tumours which could be the cause of my enlarged gland. i know that they are very rare but it has to happened to somebody right? and my symptoms just dont match anything else so could this really be a cancerous tumour sad

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emily, because you are panicking you aren't looking at the possibilities. It could very easily be your thyroid you know.  Just becauce cancerous tumours happen to some people DOESN'T MEAN it has to happen to you.  Try and calm down and be a bit more relaxed and realististic. Go to the doctors, tell him the facts and he'll probably suggest an endoscopy where they put a small (very thin) camera down your throat ( having desensitised it first).  They can see straight away what the problem is and usually tell you and also report back to your doctor telling you to make an appointment. If it is your thyroid then a prescription for Levothyroxine will be given.  You usually have to take this for life. It also means you won't have to pay for prescriptions again!
    • Posted

Thankyou for your reply.. I have had my thyroid levels tested and they came out normal the same as my glucose. On wednesday i had another mri with contrast on my pituitary gland as they saw it was slightly enlarged.. I know there are so many outcomes and possibilities to these things but i cant help but think the worst since ive been feeling unwell for over 6 months.. But the doctors kept putting it down to anxiety!
  • Posted

Dont worry about it. 99.99% of the time these things turn out to be nothing. Im sure the doctors will tell you the same smile
  • Posted

Emily, please, please, don't panic so. Don't believe everything you read. | am sure everything will be fine and whatever it is will be easily treatable. You have to try and remain calm. I know it's not easy but you have to try.
    • Posted

Could there be a chnace of there being cancer somewhere though and it making my gland larger.. Sorry its all i can think about as i feel worse everyday.. Just recently ive had a burning sensation when i touch my left sode under my rib and my groin hurts..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.