Agitation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey Guys,

So I've been doing pretty well for some time now. However, I seem to be going through a spell of feeling agitated a lot through out the day. It's very frustrating as I don't feel like I have a valid reason to be feeling this way and it's causing me to start over thinking again.

Could this just be a blip?! 😦

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

It could just be a blip, we all have dips and moments but it could be valid and just you naturally feeling frustrated. I used to have all these feelings i didn't feel was normal me but then i started a journal. I now write down everything even when i'm having a blip and not near paper i will email myself and save it in a folder so i can look up a few weeks later etc how i was feeling.

I've been feeling very agitated at work and have been ill be honest....awful to work with as a result. for me its natural frustrations heightened because i had family visiting that i didn't get to see. I've had 5 days off and i'm relaxed. I let the bullsht of life overcome the good parts, you need to figure out if its because of an event or how you feel naturally or if it is the medication. i know its just me and not the medication because i came off mine but have been off it for about 4 months. so its not withdrawal or anything like that. I'm not saying come off them, but make sure if your agitated its not just you letting the bullsht in life make you that way. You'll get through it xxx

Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

• Posted

You are so right. I seem to be blaming everything on this mental breakdown I've went through and the citalopram lately. I'm still in recovery and very over sensitive, and my anxiety flares at any little thing. I noticed this same feeling last month and one thing each time it has had in common is that time of the month. I wasn't aware of this feeling before all of this started, but go figure....PMS is to blame 😉 I've lost a sense of who I am lately but I'm sure it'll come right in time.

• Posted

I had a sort of break down April, carnt seem to recover at all, have internal treamberling, rumbling stomach, trouble with my Gerd more, I am very sensitive and my nerves are at there worse, I am on 10mg of Citalopram week, 4, not feeling must better, have to go back to bed for a couple of hours in the mornings carnt face the days, also trying cbdoil in the afternoons, day 2 of that, how long have you been on Citalopram please

• Posted

It's hard to come back from a breakdown, it took me from mid July until just recently really to start coping more, but you will eventually. I struggled up until about 2 months in. Then I started to have way more good days than bad. At week 4 I wanted to give up, week 8 I wanted to throw in the towel and admit defeat....week 9 I increased to 30mg and started to feel so much better for much longer spells. I'm still in recovery and some days I can feel agitated, anxious, detached at times but I allow it to pass over me and can feel better within hours. Before it would consume me and I'd let it eat away at me for days. The meds are a great help but it's also mind over matter....we need to develop coping mechanisms as well as be at peace with these feelings and soon they start to come over you less and less as your brain begins to notice you aren't reacting & so it can't torment you anymore and gives up.

You will recover....but you need a heck of a lot of will power I'm not gonna lie!! 😉

• Posted

hi yes it is ive just been through it

it will pass just puts u out for a few days . I know its difficult but try not to over think it and breath through it

• Posted

I'm glad to hear this (not so much that you went through it recently 😦 ) It's a horrible feeling....but it helps to know it is part & parcel of this whole journey & it will go. Thanks 😃

• Posted

it is just natural to think oh my god im going back again and it is difficult to stay positive . I still managed to go work and swimming so i just kept telling myself it was nowhere near as bad

• Posted

Yes you're right. This is nowhere near as bad as I was, not a bit. So I'll just have to ride the wave!! 😉

• Posted

Yes its a blip. As you recover blips change from feeling like heightened anxiety, to irritation to even a flat feeling. When I'd recovered I'd even get a feeling of not being quite right at times but couldn't work out what it was and then realised it was a very mild blip. It was like having a blip without the feelings 😀 They all pass.

• Posted

Hi Moaney,

I'm struggling with agitation badly just now (it feels different to anxiety) and it's awful. Just wanted to ask you if it got better?!

Thanks,

Lucy

• Posted

Yes it is very different to anxiety isn't it. It's like PMS ten fold I feel. I feel I can't switch off, be still, be in silence, relax for longer than 5 mins and the list goes on. It has been getting less & less uncomfortable if that's makes sense. Also, I have noticed a pattern of it hitting me a few days before my period every month. It must be the surge in hormones 😦 & soon as I come on it's starts to dwindle away. It's a shocker for us woman in recovery I reckon with hormones interfering here and there.

Hope you're coping OK

• Posted

Yes, that's exactly what it's like, it's awful. For me it's like an internal itch I can't get at and i want to run around screaming. It's WORSE than the anxiety. Interestingly though it is a few days before my period is due... I'll have to make note of that.

• Posted

I reckon you will

notice in time that it will only really start to happen around this time. I know another lady I met from this forum and she has the same issue every month but has notice it lessons in time. So there's hope for us yet.

That's a great way of describing it...I'm exactly like that, mad at the world because it won't shift no matter what you try. I try and make peace with it, knowing it will pass and that it's just a surge in hormones helps me to just go with it. 😉

• Posted

I empathise, really do.

4 and a half months for me on Saturday just gone. Whilst I know that I'm coping much better than I was back in June, I've had a bit of a rough December. Took three days off work because I was feeling so out of sorts. Have been really headachey and shivery, also, which I thought was a bug, but am now thinking is side effects. Along with a stuffy nose and a general sense of not being able to taste my food properly, and definitely a bit of a diminished appetite.

I'm post menopausal, but I'm pretty sure my hormones are still levelling out and causing some waves.

Have had quite a few off days in December, agitation, depression, feeling flat. Hmmmm. Had a lovely Christmas and then seemed to slump a bit over the last week. I'm hoping it's down to these darker days, and that it will improve a bit as the days get longer/lighter.

It's the ups and downs of recovery that make it so knackering, isn't it? How was your Christmas, in the end, Moaney?

Ruth x

• Posted

I think you are spot on with the hormones leveling out, run up to xmas stress & the weather effecting you. This all mashed into one makes for a tough month for those in recovery. I've felt much the same this month....very up & down in waves, couple good days then a bad day then good then more bad and so on. I've put it down to a stressful xmas getting organized in a rush, all the junk food I just can't seem to say no to & my time of the month creeping in. So all in all I've had a very anxious month which isn't like me, I only really struggle around the PMS stage for 3-4 days of the month and then I'm good.

Christmas was still lovely though with the kids especially. Yesterday we got dressed up my partner & I and had a day at the races, no winners 😦 but it was lovely. Looking forward to some normality now, I thrive on routine so I reckon this blip will pass when I get that back!! 😉

I hope you are starting to pick up with the days being a tad longer now. Did you have a good one?!?

• Posted

I did, thank you. Had a very relaxed three days at home, it was good. Lovely to see parents.

I have gotten my little sad lamp out. Bought it at Argos years ago, it's gotten some use this winter. Used it for the last two mornings and I think it is definitely helping me to feel more awake during the day.

Glad you had a lovely Christmas and day at the races, that's great! What a fun thing to do. Think you're spot about the routine.... am on hols til next Tuesday, so out of a normal rhythm, which has thrown me a bit.

Here's to better days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.