Agonising pain in right knee

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a TKR two years ago now in my left knee and doing brilliantly with that knee.  My other knee I fell down on about 10 years ago and got a hairline fracture.  

I've no idea what happened but yesterday I just turned my body  and my right knee was very painful. It bothered me a lot yesterday but I was still able to cope.  Since lunchtime today my knee has got worse.  I am struggling to walk on it.  I can walk as long as I don't try to straighten it.  I'm in the UK at the moment, but don't live here, I live in Cyprus so I don't have a GP here.

any suggestions would be most welcome.  Fly back to Cyprus on Saturday.  In the meantime I am taking ibuprofen.

Thank you in advance.

liz

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would go to A&E here. You are entitled to emergency treatment. Just to make sure there is nothing major that would prevent you flying home. 

• Posted

Rest ice and elevate. Along with a good pain reliever. Be blessed 
  • Posted

Also if you’re flying on an open seat plane ask the ticket agent if you can have priority seating. Either way you can board before the rush and get a comfortable seat 
  • Posted

Thank you everyone. Last night I elevated it and used an ice pack. Went to bed and put Tiger Balm on it, the red coloured one which is for muscles etc. This morning it is so much better that I think I just twisted it somehow. I am so glad as not ready for another op. My TAKE was a great success but it took 13-15 months for recovery and I needed an MUA. I dreaded the thought that I was heading back there with the other knee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.