Ahh I don't know what to do with my life.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 25 yo and I'm just sitting in my room and doing nothing productive. The thing is I actually enjoy this. But my money is gonna run out, not so soon which is why I'm still slacking but I feel like people are judging me.

I know I have to at least get a part time job but I'm really afraid of dealing with people like how I did before. Every time i procrastinate to look for a job, I feel so relieved but guilty. I just wanna eat, play and sleep.

In terms of my career, I really don't have any purpose or motivation to pursue anything. I have a master's degree but it's something im not interested in anymore. The thing is I'm alone and everything that I do I feel it's meaningless.

Last time, I would do things with my friends and feel slightly motivated because I want to prove to them that I'm smart. Now I'm all alone in my room with no friends and everything seems dull to me.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm far away from home now and I feel like going back but I know my parents will have high expectations of me when I get back. Ive squandered 1 year back home and then another year over here (Europe) which I worked but it wasn't a proper job at all. I'm scared and sad at the same time.

• Posted

You can always join the foreign legion, they'll get you going with a sense of purpose. Many a young man has made a worse decision than that. I would, if I were still 25.

• Posted

Things will improve. Try therapy or maybe medication could help to. I think you just need to find something you’re passionate about. Maybe visiting a career counselor could help too. Best wishes, Sarah.
  • Posted

Hi Dean the one most hardest thing in life is deciding what you want to do with your future, and there is nothing worse then not knowing what it is, it is great when you live at home and your parents take care of you, and it is ok if you are smart at school, but it isnt always like that, then there is pier pressure, it is great to have fun with friends but as you get older and leave school that is when the hard work starts , but even at school there are children who are badly bullied, so if you get through without that and you have supportive parents, then your on the right road, but deciding what job you love to do if you have no clue must be a nightmare, like what the other person said have you  spoken to a careers officer , can you still see one at 25,i do not know , as i am 54 , you said you have a degree or masters , is that in something you are interested in, but one thing you can not do is be smug with people and think you are better than them because that will turn people off, there is having confidence but not  pig headed nest , it is hard being in another country and making friends , it is hard enough living in the country and making friends, the first thing is to talk to your parents i know its hard but they love you and explain what you feel , my fault was keeping my problems a secret for so long it made me ill, talking is great therapy, and i bet you will find something you enjoy doing soon , good luck
  • Posted

Please get yourself evaluate by a psychologist or psychiatrist they can determine what is your situation. maybe you need to be placed on medication. Do this ASAP or some kind of therapy. Good luck and god bless.
  • Posted

Dean

I suppose many people can feel the same way. The problem is we live in a Society that pushes us into work so we can eat and even play.

If you were a Wild Animal you would just curl up and when the need arises we would go hunting, go for a drink and look for a mate. Sorry you are not that animal you are a human that needs to be paid to eat and have a home that both needs money to live in comfort, or we starve or freeze.

You are very educated, you have been to college and need to pay back your Student Loan, buy food and pay for a roof over your head. You are lazy, to comfortable or very low. If the latter is the case get yourself down to your Doctor, however do not get to comfortable you need those Fish and Chips for Dinner, I suppose they may offer you a job as a Fryer.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.