Air travel 10 days after surgery

Posted , 12 users are following.

Daughter wants me to travel 10 days after surgery from Vegas to Indianapolis for her wedding.

I don't think it is reasonable. Am I being selfish ?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I asked my surgeon about flying after my op , as I'm preparing for tkr...he said 6-8 weeks for a short flight ( up to 4 hrs) and at least 3 months for long haul...I think ur daughter will understand that your health is more important here!,maybe they can come visit when you are able for it ..

• Posted

After much thought, ten days may be a bit too soon to travel. I didn’t think the flight was so long. If you’re daughter really wants you to be there, knowing your medical condition, she should postpone the wedding until you are able to safely travel. Just my two cents.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.