Alcohol Ablation For Hyperthyroid?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone tried the alcohol ablation? I'm seeing a new group of doctors that want to try this on me because no one can figure out what is causing my hyperthyroidism for over 5 years. I'm unable to do iodine uptakes due to allergy to iodine and my nodules are hard not cysts.  I'm reading that this is done on cysts not hard nodules. I have so many allergies and infections due to Lupus and Crohn's already and my luck I would be one of the few allergic to this also. Due to the Lupus I can't take the two medications because of white blood cell issues.. I have been controlling my symptoms with my heart pills all these years. And xanax when needed.  Anyway, any advice? Thank you Michele

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I haven’t heard of it myself. My best reply to you is to not only to investigate it yourself but to talk to your physician and get more understanding. Find out the risks as well as how it may benefit you. Also express your concern about your allergies. I know how you feel about them. I also have enough allergies to fill a booklet. It is a major concern.

Hope you have a great outcome.

Arlea

• Posted

Hey Arlea,

Thank you so very much, and I hope all goes well with you too!!! 

Michele smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.