All anxiety related

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I have a few questions to ask people I'm wondering if anybody wakes up feeling sick to the stomach with tremoring first thing in morning like my son will wake me up at 5 I'll go take him what he needs then get back into bed can't sleep I have to sit there rocking myself cause I feel weak and sick..and panicky..

Also I was told by my psychological therapy yesterday it's a long wait before I get to start getting therapist due to having a long back log which really isn't gonna help me as I'm not on any medication due to being on 3 different lots and making me a lot iller then I already am..I have 5 small children i can't go out as I feel I'm gonna have a panic attack I'm constant tremoring headache bellyache sickness severe chest pain rib pain arm pain feel like I'm gonna explode everyday I'm crying a lot then usual I can't stand up long as then I'm dizzy and struggling for breathe..I hate it but then my therapist said I need my gp to refer me to access team to see a psychiatric to get a full diagnosis of my condition as my doctor has only put panic disorder and I was abused for 17 years thru life and she said they will diagnose me properly I'm wondering if anybody has done this themselves and how long did it take to get a diagnosis thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like nocturnal panic attacks to me.. Not in the normal sense but I will share a little story with you,

My girlfriend (19) is known to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom as she usually does and for some reason every once in a blue moon she will be shaking, not really scared at all but she seems conscious and normal but every part of her body is shaking violently to the point it scares me and the only thing that will help her is for her to puke.. And about 90% of the time after she pukes she will drift back off to sleep like nothing happen, although that 10% of the time she stays up feeling nausea still

We have had all test known done and it is claimed to be anxiety and she had trouble believing it.. But I noticed something, throughout the winter it doesn't really happen at all unless she is stressed about something even if it's small and doesn't matter

But in the summer! Our busy season (she works in a restaurant) it's almost an every night thing

It's the stress and high pace job creeping into her sleep and disturbing her with panic even tho she didn't think anything was wrong

Since then we have been making sure to take t easy and relax in the summer and winter and it has doesn't happen anymore unless something very stressful beyond her control happens.

I don't know if this will help you at all but I can almost guarantee that it's a form of panic from being woken up at w certain time in you're sleep

• Posted

Also all of your other symptoms are common panic disorder symptoms (I have severe panic disorder) the only thing that has helped me is time to myself in the woods hiking and waiting

I know it sucks and it must be really hard with the kids but just wait it out and one day without even noticing it you're symptoms will subside and you will learn to relax again

The only time my panic attacks come on anymore after months of horrible attacks every night and sometimes multiple times a day is when I'm working 70+ hours a week in the kitchen

Relax, breathe, there is nothing wrong with you physically you just have a sensitive adrenaline gland and need exercise and some stress free time

• Posted

I'm so sorry you and your lady are suffering from this it is such a horrible experience for anyone it's very scary indeed..where I have 5 small children I have 2 that are 5 and 4 and all they do is tread all over me and constant give me stress I think that don't help as I can't hide but I will try and do what you suggest and see if it helps thank you just wanna get better and have my old life back again I can't wait till that day happens X

• Posted

Wow babe you sound exactly like me - your not alone, I wake up panicky then I wait for it to come back all day. I have 2 toddlers and also don't leave the house just in case. BUT the worst thing we can do is stay home. My psyc gave me home work. To go out everyday even if it's just driving around the block. I do it and feel so scared but once it's done I think wow I done it and I'm still alive. I also get dizzy and feel like I'm not walking straight and this sets me off and I have an attack.

The past 3 months I've been on medication and don't feel it's working it's best but I can say u need to wait atleast 6 weeks for it to work too.

• Posted

Hello hollee Hun thank you for messaging me..and really sorry your going through this it is very scary I wanna go out I really do but hen I have a panic attack and get scared like when I'm in places I have to rock forward and backward I have people starting at me coz that's the only confort I have when in tremoring or when having an attack it's really hard with the children as well coz couple of them are so badly mid behaved I have to deal with that then my sons going thru peditrician to get diagnosed for adhd but yet I have all my illness to deal with it's hard because of bad upbringing and being abused I was told I have to go see a psychiatric to get right diagnosis so they can sort out what I need in life as they told me I need long term psychological therapy

• Posted

My boys are very naughty to, but you will realise people are really kind in these positions. I don't remember how many times I've had a bad attack in front of ppl. But letting it win won't make it go away, always remember yes it's a bloody ugly feeling BUT it can't hurt you. The thoughts are not real. I have ptsd n servere anxiety due to a DV relationship. My ex is in jail sbecause of it. I'd never with this on my worst enemy. I've had anxiety my whole life but I coped with it. Until the break up that when I got it so bad it was like 24/7 I had to call my parents back from their holidays and go and stay with them. I haven't been at work for 3 months now it's sending me insane

• Posted

I was abused by my parents for 17years and thing is I don't have anybody accept my partner and kids I don't have friends coz I moved to London to be with my partner I don't have one bit of family coz they all lyers and horrible people..I have to go thru therapy to help me now there's stages in my life where I'm ok then everything will just build up again and then I tend to go back to anxiety but they've already told me I'm gonna be long term anxiety and there be stages in my life where I will be happy and back to normal but then I will always go into anxiety as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.