All day breathing problems anyone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can't even belive I'm doing another post ! Must be the biggest hypercondriac there is but today is so bad all day iv felt like im breathing thick dry air ! My throat feels a bit tight but now that moved to my chest I tried to do deep breathing but it freaked me out more as I couldn't get a proper breathe in through my nose felt I was breathing out ok it was the breathing in that felt odd I then went all weird like spaced out and felt everything may stop and I felt so scared I calmed myself and drank milkshake that then made the whole dey breathi h even worse ! I just feel any minute I'm gonna stop or struggle to breathe it's even effecting my dreams now I'm having dreams of people dying or not been able to breathe it's been half a day of feeling like im gonna just stop breathing any minute

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's simply your anxiety Steph, the feeling of breathing difficulties is a symptom of anxiety which is feeding your anxious mind and giving you anxioys thoughts and the loop goes on.

Control your breathing by slowing everything down, repeat in your mind the word "calm", and imagine your in a green field on a hot summer day with the sound of church bells ringing in the distance, add anything to the scene, whilst doing this just take slow "considered" breaths, when you start to feel calmer keep telling yourself "Im safe, I'm calming down, I'm ok, I feel better". 

One thing that wont happen is that you'll stop breathing! 

• Posted

Hi Steph. I know exactly how you feel. It does make you be in need of reassurance because its quite unnerving. We have learned how to breathe in the wrong way! It feeds the anxiety and can lead to a full panic attack as it did with me. Its not easy to try the deep breathing exercises when we have formed bad habits but it does make you focus a little and stop the panicking slightly. You are not a hypochondriac. Anxiety makes you feel as if you are because you are looking for an answer as to why it continues.x
  • Posted

Do as asipinian recomends good advice

you won't stop breathing

• Posted

Stephx have you spoken to your doctor about this. Anxiety can be treated and controlled in the meantime with meds until the therapies kick in
  • Posted

Panic attack and you are focuing on it. Health anxiety is exhausting. If you can take a walk or even just sit outside and get some air maybe that would help.i have taken a little xanax for that myself..very little to turn my brain off. Maybe a search on the internet for mindful breathing can help you learn how to properly breathe through the begining of the anxiety. I have been trying to learn that and use a lot of prayer, even got myself an angel app in hopes it can calm me down cause this whole panic thing can get so scary.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone I'm. Off to doctors it's not a panic attack and it's very weird to say I wish it just was a panic attack had them on and off all my life and they was more cope able then this will try get sorted today for once and for all because it's making me feel there no point in fighting it anymore as it's really exhausting me mentally I have done the online test my doctor did my anxiety and depression has gone down so I think it's something other than anxiety thanks again xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.