All my problems have piled up on me I feel really depressed what should I do ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm in middle school going into high school next year and it's been since 6th grade I was feeling depressed but when I turned 7th grade I felt more depressed that I started cutting myself I stopped for a while but then when I turned 8th grade I felt like I went back to step one. My problems were mostly family problems but then friendship problems i didn't have any friends in 6th grade that I just started working in the library to help out because I didn't know where  to sit at lunch. But then when I went to 7th grade I started sitting someplace else, just anywhere and thats the times met some one who is open minded and understanding person who could help me out and he did but the problem was is that he was 3 more grades high than me.  But at least i am able to still talk to him. And then I moved schools the school that I go to is much better there were many nice people I had many friends to go to but then in the weekends I start having family problems and all I wanted to do was to just die because I felt pathetic and not needed. But then I liked someone and that person liked me too but we can't be together because of the parents they are too strict more over I felt heart broken I loved that person and so did the person too. I felt like I was torn into a billion pieces I wish I could just die out of starvation and just stay in my room and be able to close the door but I can't, because my parents are too strict. But right now I am under weight I only eat once a day and my parents don't know that I skip breakfast and mostly lunch and then eat when I come home from School. my problems are mostly family problems and then relationship problems.   Thank you for listening 

2 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Firstly well done for writing your post.

Please see your GP for help they can put you on meds or get you counselling to help you.

As for the not eating that is probably due to how you are feeling and i have also been like that too, you are not alone and everyone here i am sure will help you through this.

You dont say how old you are but you can see your GP with no parent there too.

Hope this helps.

Take Care

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know you are in pain and this kind of pain is not one that most others can relate to or understand. Unfortunatly speaking with others at school about your feelings can cause more problems. Kids can be really cruel to someone with problems, especially these. You should not hold everything in and pretend all is ok but it can be hard finding someone that understands. After years of depression I have learned that if you never experienced these feelings there is no way to understand them. It sounds like you may not be able to speak with your parents about how to get help. If you can please do. If you need to speak with someone else your guidance counselor at school may be a good place to start. Even if she or he can't help, they can get you to a person that can. Above all you need someone to talk to and get help. Please don't give up and just try dealing with this on you're own. I truly hope things get better soon. Remember you can discuss things on this web site and know we care.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

have you tried to speak to an educational psychologist at school.  They might be able to help you.  Talk to the year head and see what they can do.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello

The most important thing you need to do is talk to your GP, He can decide how to help you. You also need to discuss you eating concerns and self harming. We are always around for a chat if needed.

Ask the Surgery for a double appointment, before you see your GP write a list of your worries and concerns. Tell him about your eating concerns and your loss of weight. Show the scars of your cuts and explain you problems at home.

Do you have a Social Team at your school they may be able to help you as well

Good Luck, Keep a hold

BOB

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up