All the negative posts are killing me

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have been ambivalent for the past year. Should I or should't I ? I'm bone against bone but still can walk short distances with minimal pain. My passion is tennis and my current knee has reduced me to "geezer" tennis. I'm 66.  To be honest I am really surprised with the amount of people posting so many post-op problems. Perhaps it's only the people with difficulty that are motivated to write in the Forum. The more I read everybody's post the less motivated I get to go under the knife. I guess I have to be more incapacitated. That I guess will make me do the TKR that I really need to make me whole again.

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I like you was bone on bone had my op 14 weeks ago the arthritis pain has gone have a bit of stiffness first thing and if I sit too long have been back at work 1 week find it a bit tiring but other than that fine would I have the other knee done yes am seeing the consultant in November for x rays and if he says it needs doing which I think it does I will go for it yes it is a long journey but so worth it to be rid of the pain
  • Posted

well i think reading all the posts on this forum some might look like negative but i dont think anyone here wants to be negative per say ,but in saying that they are genuine posts of people  who unfortunatly had been unlucky to have had complications after tkr (im one of these)im only on this forum for a month or two and im only sorry i didnt find this forum before i had my tkr maybe if i had i wouldnt have had bi lateral and went and had the worst one first but who knows it could of gone wrong on the first one .if your knee can last longer then wait i dont think playing tennis is a good enough reason to get it done i play the shorter game of golf and im back playing abit but its never going to replace my old knee for the game as there are some restrictions in movement ,you will know when you cant live with the pain rather then play the game you love im sorry this probably sounds negative but its the way it is whatever you do i hope it works out for you as i know sport is such a big thing in your life as it is in mine
  • Posted

Hi again, just want to thank all you for your replies. Excellent input for me. Lots of food for thought! It will be a no brainer once I am in say 6/10 pain level walking around. I will make my appointment and have the surgery for sure. As I was reading your posts I noticed something different how you all expressed yourself. Then I realized this is a U.K. forum. You guys a "Brits". I'm sitting here in Los Angeles. Enjoying your little tennis tournament on as you say the "telly". Hope you all recover quickly and get back to a quality life. 
    • Posted

I'm in Kansas city and they have survived me for awhile. I just briefly mentioned the 4th of July in case there were still those that have long memories.
    • Posted

There are a few of us Americans on here.  I'm in Colorado.  This is a UK forum so you get Australians as well as British (and others-- one cool lady from Tenerife). To me that has been a lot of fun.  The jargon is great and colorful and always made me think of travel while I was tied to the recliner.  Well not literally tied. Confined.  OK, I'll see myself out. 
    • Posted

ha ha!  I apologize for the (probably many) ommision Linda!
    • Posted

No Brit here hon, I'm an Aussie and there are a few of us here too smile

Cheers!

Lindy

• Posted

Hey Don! What about the cool Aussie? ME!!! lol

Cheers!

Lindy

• Posted

Lindy,  well at least I did get Australians!  Man do I want to go there some day!  You all could do jokes about American beer!
    • Posted

Hey I knew it was coming.  I was drinking with a couple Aussies a few years back.  We had a blast but they left me behind in beer drinking. I get that from my English friends too.
    • Posted

I'm busting to come to the US next year! Looking at coming over around August ... by then I should be able to have some fun adventures without having to walk slowly, or from the back of a motorbike, like I did a couple o months back, in Bali wink

• Posted

My son just returned from a week plus honeymoon in Bali with stopover each way in Tokyo. He got back Sunday
  • Posted

Oh! So where do most of the posts come from? Is it a mix? You Irish and British don't really hate each other do you?
    • Posted

Nah its just when we play footie or rugby then we do and dont forget some Irish are from Northern Ireland so they are British Irish not Irish Irish. The Scots well thats another tail They think they can play rugby & footie ha ha. Wont leave the welsh out they have such a litle homestead and have even developed their own language haha

But dont worry if push comes to shove the English, Scottish, Welsh & Irish will stand shoulder to shoulder

• Posted

as annodoremouse says in sport yes we probably do but thats passion for sport ,im southern ireland 32 counties and 6 are northern ireland which are a mix of brits and irish . we irish are a happy race love the drink and the crack and the sport

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.