all the twos 22

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello from the wilds of north Scotland to all who read these things smile so thats me day 22 down the neck, so to speak, and hmm it's not been too bad so far, it's 4pm now, not quite as good as yesterday but good enough for me not to moan too much! I do'nt know if this is fact or just coincidence but to try and prevent some of the nauseas sick feelings I decided to make myself eat a bowl of porridge in the morning before taking the Fluoxetine, and it kinda worked, as in not quite the same awful stomach churning feelings. As I say it maybe just coincidence or even my brain pretending that it was better that way, just a thought for you to try perhaps? Still got the niggling damn headaches morning til night, but I'm living with them, trying to avoid painkillers if possible. Excuse my writing going on a slant, god knows what I've done to cause that?!! Still an absolute novice with this keypad thingy. Good fun though, I have to laugh at my own spelling errors at times, surely there's a spell checker here somewhere but I do'nt know how to activate it. Well that's me for now folks, I hope you are all having a great day or night depending where you are on the planet smile caio for now from the mad scotsman........

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi david

Well a day thats not bad is def a good day in my book! I guess im lucky as I dont suffer headaches but sympathise totally with the nausea as ive felt sick daily for around 3 1/2 months now n it sucks :-( id eat dogfood if I thought it would help! Haha. If the porridge works for you stick with it. 

Hoping things continue to improve for you

Take care

Vix

• Posted

hello Vix, thanks for your message, hey do'nt knock the dog food haha, could tell you about a pub I used to frequent, landlady had strange contests now n then eating or drinking things you would'nt usually eat, including, yip, dogmeat pies! god that made me ill haha. guess I'm lucky that my nausea is'nt too bad, and I can eat reasonably ok most days now. be glad when the headaches go that's a fact, wishing you well Vix, hope the sun continues to shine and your health improves, bless...... David smile
  • Posted

Porridge - or Scott's Porage - every morning for me and I take the Flu straight afterwards with my second cup of coffee. I wouldn't dare put Flu into an empty stomach - way too powerful a drug, even at 20mg.

I've now got five weeks in and feeling OK to Good, getting more laid back and relaxed, coping with life well enough and starting to  think of expanding my horizons again - if only it would stop raining! Staying home gives me more time for recovery, though, so I'm not moaning.

Good to see you  still have your sense of humour despite the headaches, David. What do you reckon is causing them - stress/adrenaline or something else? Hope you lose them soon.

• Posted

I love my porridge Carl that's a fact, if you say that you would'nt put fluoxetine on an empty stomach because of its potency, why do'nt the drug manufacturers recommend you take it with or after food I wonder? my box just states the dose, 20mg, and says take 1 daily, it was my own thinking that led to taking it after food. you have the rain where you are? Ive got rain with a cold wind of the sea just now, horrible weather. thankful that we have'nt got 6ft of snow overnight like parts of the USA, that's crazy weather, fine for polar bears and penguins. my headaches are an unknown source Carl, guess a bit stress related because I'm a born worrier, sad innit. great that you are thinking of expanding your horizons, I have debated that very notion myself today. I've a motorbike in the garage that's hardly turned a wheel all year, whereas I'd normaly be of on it at least once a week I've had no inclination to ride at all this year, up until now, today I looked at it and thought to myself the next fine day I may just get kitted up with my warm winter gear and go for a wee run, need to kick my own butt to get motivated! take care yeah, caio for now......
    • Posted

It's just not something I'd do, David - I take all my drugs with food, always have - probably something I learned as a child. Like taking an umbrella if it looks like rain (which is a pain if you use two walking sticks - I'll have to invent something!).

Born worrier = headaches. You gotta learn to let things slide and let them go - hopefully Fluoxetine will help you do that, I'm so laid back just now, let it  s l  i   d    e    , man!

You fit to take your bike oit in that weather? Bikes on wet winter roads are bad enough but in the hands of someone who hasn't riden for a while? Be careful, is all!

Yeah, we have rain again today - so a rugbyful day of ease and recovery is in order. expanded horizons can wait till next week!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.