All these peri symptoms have taken away my life

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies

I know it's late but I feel I have to write something .

I am 46 and in a roller coaster at the moment. Been peri for 4 years.

I'm at the lowest I've ever been in my life.

I can remember November December and January I had such pressure headaches every day,even woke up to them. After that the real depression and doom and gloom. I just couldn't get my head out of it. I've suffered with a big anxiety breakdown 8 years ago due to getting divorced. I found I am frightened sometimes I go out and I've been cancelling appointments. I don't want to join in things when I always loved it . The acid reflux or bile reflux is terrible. I never understood when my grandad had it. I've had my gallbladder out so I don't know which it is. It burns in pit of throat,the worst in the nose. Acid comes into my mouth at night and burns.

I just want to sleep,took a sleeping tablet for 3 nights and that didn't knock me out. I've had 3 hours in 3 nights.

When I sit down my face and jaw pulsates

My jaw is stiff a lot.

I pray everyday that the next day will be a good one.

I feel like my husband is getting fed up when I talk to him. I want to go places with him again but I just can't do it now as feel so shattered in not sleeping and I have all the symptoms on top 😂

4 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Can I also say there have so many times I thought I was loosing it and felt like I needed looking after.

Tinnitus is so bad ringing and buzzing all the time. Surely this is peri.

• Posted

Hi Michelle - I take an antihistimine type sleeping tablet - over the counter called 'sleep aid' - cut down to half and now only on a quarter tablet most nights sleep through (usually) and no groginess with the half and quarter.

Sure something similar would be available there?

Good luck - this seems to be such an awful time for most of us?

Loui x

• Posted

Did you happen to start having your symptoms of peri at the same time as your gallbladder started acting up? I did, and all of it together has been nothing short of a nightmare! As to your reflux, I was also diagnosed with Gerd at the same time as gallstones. You need to be on some sort of a reducer or antacid tablets. I take Nexium OTC, used to take the powder form. I don't know if I produce too much acid, or not enough, but have GI visit on the 12th. Have you seen one yourself? I am so sorry you are having such a hard time, as am I, but rest assured, there are many of us barely hanging on! Hoping we get relief soon!
  • Posted

Hi Michelle...i really understand what you are going through...i too had severe depression when i was younger. I had my gallbladder out 2 and a half years ago and am 48 now. My symptoms started around the same time but were manageable but have got way worse the last 4 months with the last month leaving me a wreck with indigestion..hot sweats... anxiety...headaches and really down moods. Every day there is something and on the weekend I had an anxiety attack at the supermarket. I hit the wall and thought thats it I am going on antidepressants as I don't want to back into a spiral of depression again. Well finally got a doctor that acknowledged i am in peri and offered HRT. I have had bloods done and going for mammogram and ultrasound first but I am praying this will help. Others on here have told me it has helped them and I feel I have nothing to lose. I just wanted to let you know I could have written everything you said...my husband is great but a bit over me always complaining how sick I feel. Keep positive as much as you can and remember even though you have had depression in the past you will never be that bad again as you have age and wisdom on your side. It is a phase and you will get through it. Lots of (hugs)...will posr on here how the HRT journey goes smile
    • Posted

Thankyou for the lovely words. I started on the HRT patches 12 days ago. My doctor said they can take up to 3 months to take real effect.
  • Posted

Hi michelle, im so sorry you feel so bad i was just like you for a long time , you need to break down your symptoms and deal with each one at a time it sounds like if you got your acid problem under control it would help to deal with the other things, i had bad acid all the time and i found it hard not to stop thinking about it and getting upset you must be worse as you have had gall bladder removed bless you. I had a friend who took mastika 2 capsules in morning and 2 at night and it stopped the acid  i started this and found it stopped mine it takes a little time about a week i now only take 1 at night before bed on an empty tummy i would not be without them you can get them from amazon please try them ,also to help with going out buy some rescue remedy and kalms from any chemist keep the lozengers in your bag, near the bed at night in your bra ha ha anywhere that you can get to them fast lots of ladies on here use them all this takes the edge off your symptoms try them good luck also stop beating yourself up about not going out with your husband i was the same  good luck sweetie take care let us all know how you are getting on thats what were here for x 
    • Posted

Thankyou Karen. It means a lot when people reply with such lovely answers. I will try and sort out the reflux first. I had a camera put down my throat 4 months ago,my doctor wanders if they could have agitated the valve. She said if it's not a lot better in 6 weeks she wants me to have another to see what's going on in my stomach. I am having so many different things at once and I thought I could deal with it. How long did your severe symptoms last ?
    • Posted

i had bad reflux for about a year untill i started mastika then in about 2 weeks after i started it eased up quite a bit , you have to be carefull what you eat for a while bread and sugar is the worse for the acid . I can now have bread and sugar but not lots also take probiotics these help a lot , i also found another thing that helps and a ladie on here also wears by them thats how i found then they are called digestive advantage for bloating and digestive problems but they seem to help with the acid also on amazon , michelle hope some of this works for you good luck take care x
    • Posted

Did you get the acid coming up to your nose and burning inside badly? My jaw hurts especially when I try to chew. I am going to try to sleep nearly sitting up tonight.xx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle what I've done is lifted the head of my bed so that I'm sleeping a little elevated. They have those fancy beds where you can change the feet and head elevation but I can't afford that do I just use thick books. War and Peace is a good one. It seems to help except for night were I've snacked too much close to bedtime. Hope that helps.

Also if you don't have a gallbladder is acid reflux much worse? I was scheduled to have mine removed back in December but because of all these symptoms I'm having I didn't feel in the right state physically, mentally nor emotionally to go through with it. They found something in the gallbladder accidentally during an ultrasound of my stomachs as I was having lots of cramping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.