Allergies.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everybody. Has anyone ever been itchy. Like itchy all over your body different spots at a time and random spots. I have no bite marks no rash no hives . I don't have any skin issues that I can see, but yet I get sooooo itchy almost everyday. Laundry soap hasn't changed no perfume. I'm stumped. Any suggestions ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. This has happened to me in the past when I've been intolerant to a certain antibiotic and years ago to a certain iron supplement. I itched from head to toe!

Recently I find myself itchy on my back and shoulders and lower legs at random times. I've put this down to hormone changes. The menopause forum has other women who also have this problem. The only thing that helps me is showering and applying a body lotion. And wearing loose cotton clothing.

Could it be related to your UFE? Are you taking any supplements?

Hope you find some relief.

• Posted

Some medication can make your skin itch like mad if not that i woyld b asking my doc to do some tests
  • Posted

The only time that I was ever itchy all over was when my liver enzymes were extremely high and I was not notified by the hospital, or any doctor that I had Hepatitis.  Although I had already been imunized for Hep A & B, I apparently caught a viral form.  I was seriously ill for 3 months total. It was the best diet I ever had, lost 30 lbs for a total of 2 years.  The fat is back now, and it brought some friends to stay too.  lol.

See your doctor.  Have blood work done.  Ask about liver enzyme levels.

• Posted

Yes.  I've actually been to the dermatologist several times over the past year and have been diagnosed with an ideopathic skin condition called pityriasis lichenoides (after a skin biopsy)  I believe that my skin issues are all related to the giant fibroid I've got growing inside of me 

• Posted

Huh. Really ? I was thinking that maybe it had to do with my fibroid to. Thanks I have a doctor appointment soon I'm going to ask for a referral to a dermatologist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.