Allergies and Meno

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had such a low day today overwhelming fatigue and eyes look so ill. Just overall malaise feeling . I noticed pollen on my car and wondered if that has anything to do with it? Not been sneezing a lot but woke stuffed up . Wondered if anybody else has those symptoms and does meno just make everything worse ? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Meno definitely makes allergies worse. I used to love birds...had quaker parrots. Then suddenly my sinuses inflamed and the migranes were horrible. I had to get rid of my three birds. I tried bringing one back 3 months later and within a day I knew for sure...I cannot have birds anymore. Also developed food sensitivities that have now gone back to normal. So many thibgs this peri does to me.
    • Posted

I’m so sorry ..... I couldn’t imagine giving up me pet . Yes headaches with the allergies in the worst ! It’s ALL bad !!! 
  • Posted

I suffer with hayfever too. I started sneezing like fury today after a month's respite. I think the current UK heatwave dried everything out, including grasses, over these past few weeks. Now other flowers have started to bloom and I'm once again feeling stuffed up. Are you in the UK, as it has been scorchingly hot here, which I think is affecting a lot of people.

Also I have really bad and painful bloating, which seems to be the order of the day, these days. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, whether healthy, unhealthy or no, but I will say a couple of glasses of red wine before bedtime took the pain from the bloating away last night and made everything more comfortable. It's like puberty in reverse as I also had very bad bloating from start of periods at 10 and all through 20s. Not much seems to help apart from aforementioned wine at bedtime, and going for a mega long walk.

• Posted

I have allergies too now...never before.  Pollen bothers me awful.  I also get headaches when the weather is muggy or rainy...which has been awful where i live.  First sinus infection ever back in the winter...landed me in the ER headache vomiting.  I had been complaining to my dr at the time of head pressure, and she kept telling me it was anxiety, blah, blah!  

Just got over strep throat recently, never had that before either.  Nobody in the house had it, and I have not left the house in weeks!  I don’t get it!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.