allergies getting worse anyone else have this

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I don't know if this is because of my hyperthyroidism although my autoimmune is normal but I have awful chemical sensitivity. Any amount of perfume causes extreme pain in shoulders, lower back and upper gastric. High bp and hypothermia body temperature 35 degrees

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

• Posted

The other point is, 'are you being over treated for hyperthyroidism' as your symptoms are similar to a person with hypothyroidism, particularly the temperature.
    • Posted

My blood tests are fine. TSH remaining around 1.8. Weird thing is, although my thyroid is is normal limits as far as blood is concerned , a urine thyroid test a year back showed hypothyroidism
    • Posted

A year is a long time in the life of your thyroid. It sounds like it might be worth a re-test. 

I've never heard of a urine test for thyroid, it would be interesting to see if the thyroid urine and the blood tests taken on the same day show the same results.

When I registered with the site she gave a free chapter of her book. It was an eye opener. I'm naturally sceptical about these things, however much of what she said I'd already worked out for myself. I'm definitely going to take the advice: get a supplement for Selenium and take it with Vit E on an empty stomach.

• Posted

I get the blood thyroid panel done every 3 months and they are normal. I saw a naturopath 18 months back who ran a urine thyroid test and a cortisol saliva test. It showed hypothyroidism and the cortisol showed adrenal maladaption stage 2.

I have now cleaned my house of all fragrances and cleaning fluids and today I felt a lot better until tonight when my daughter used a new shampoo and conditioner. I suddenly got a weird sensation in my legs, followed by chest pain, breathlessness, thyroid swelling, glands swelling and feeling like I was going to pass out. Had to make her shower again with another shampoo whilst opening all the windows and wearing a mask.

I hate this illness it scares me. I now clean my house with lemons and vinegar and have started using oranges and lemon peel as air freshener.

don't know what is causing this. Thyroid or lyme. Doctors are doing nothing regardless

• Posted

This sounds really tough to deal with. However there is hope if you have managed to get the symptoms to subside. My mum had a similar problem with foods, cut out the problem ones for 6-12 months, then was able to slowly introduce the others back in, one at a time. What I'm trying to say is if you manage to get your immune system to stop reacting and calm down, in the future you might be ok.

Have a look at website tpauk. There may be something useful there. You'll need to register to get to the resources - loads of useful items, backed up by medical research papers. Adrenal glands, thyroid are interlinked, so I would start looking for those two.

All the best, Barbara x

• Posted

Hi Barbara

Many thanks for your help. I have just downloaded the literature you kindly told me about and I will check out the tpauk website too. Hopefully this will give me some guidelines to try sorting this out.

I just can't work out what's gone wrong and why it's not correcting itself. 7 years ago I was fit apart from occasional bouts of dizziness. I was given a 200mg shot of solu-cortef by an allergist, supposedly to stop my body overreacting to dental anaesthesia and penicillin which I had reacted to two weeks prior to seeing the allergist. How can one injection wreak havoc for 7 years. Doctors are so annoying, even though I have paperwork stating that solu-cortef caused me to have anaphylactoid shock, so many have told me it's in my head and it's impossible to be allergic to solu-cortef as it's a life saving drug - even though the pharmaceutical company that makes it says I'm probably allergic to the benzyl alcohol it's injected with.

It's like it flipped a switch in my body and nobody knows how to turn it off.

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up