Allergy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Being in advanced age I need to take fibre for abdomen health/ age related constipation. The problem is that very few fibres suite me. I get mouth ulcers if I take Ispaghol continuously for 2 days or so. Recently, I tried taking Fybogel (which is mainly Ispaghol) during evening meals and I found that it does not create ulcers. Hence I keep taking one sachet of Fybogel with evening meals.

However Fybogel as described above does not suffice alone  for me. Hence, I have to supplement it with another Fibre. Thus I  tried Senokot 1 tablet a day which worked very well but as its side effect I got red coloured patches all over the body which vanish after a short while with anti allergic medicine or even without medication.

Due to good action of Senokot on my abdomen, I like to continue Senokot but am apprehensive its adverse effect on the skin. I like to ask if any one else had such an adverse effect of Senokot or any other fibre containing Sena element? [/b]I did try some other fibres (having some Sena) which also created problem for me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.