Almost 30 years with Hypo. Ups and downs. Anyone else have pins needles feeling?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with hypo at 15. I’ve had highs and lows with this thing. 

Joint pains. Carpel tunnel, brain and memory fog, pins needles in my hands,feet, legs and other places. 

Weight gain , fatigue,muscle weaknsss. Cellulitis .., the lust goes on. 

There has been times where I thought I’d lose my mind. 

Now, out of nowhere my tsh went high again and so my whole body has prickles pins going on, the worst being my foot and leg.  Does anyone else experience this? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauriej197  

I was born with hypothyroidism (congenital hypothyroidism) so have had it for 55 years. I do get tingling and carpal tunnel but it is difficult to know how much it is connected with the thyroid condition. I haven't had brain/memory fog really. What I do get is a tendency to have more than my fair share of throat infections/viruses which last longer than for most people. Last year i had 2 which went on for 6 weeks or so. However I haven't yet had one this year. Perhaps it is to do with doctors lowering my dose of Levothyroxine. I am about to have another blood test and they might lower it further.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your story. I get sore throats too a lot. Or if I do get sick with other things I find my actual gland swells up. Story of my life. For the most part I just work through it all. Sometimes however it gets me down. 
  • Posted

I experienced all of those symptoms and then some before i was diagnosed with an under active thyroid. My face even swelled i looked liked i had a bad allergic reaction to something. After reading up on symptoms i had some of the worse but least common . Guess it’s cause i waited so long to go to the doctor. Hope you feel better i know how miserable it can be 😔😔

• Posted

Thanks Donna smile 

My face always gets puffy when my numbers go up. Seems stress appears to cause my tsh to change them it’s change the dose time. 

My face and fingers are puffy right now and I gained 15 lbs over night. So crappy. 

I’m glad we have each other to talk with on here. 

• Posted

I was diagnosed about 7 yrs. ago. Also at that time i had and still do have a problem with my left leg and foot swelling. No pain just swelling i mentioned to my doctor he said it may be because my thyroid was sooo outta whack well i guess that wasn’t the case so now i gotta figure out what to do next.
  • Posted

Stress seems to have so much to do with everything these days.  I have three autoimmune conditions: rheumatoid arthritis, morphea (skin condition), and hypothyroidism (Hashimotos).  Before I went on levothyroxine (a year ago) I had no energy and my hair was getting so thin.  I now have my energy and most of my hair back, but I still get tingling in my arms and hands.  I also can't seem to lose any weight.  I thought the medication would help with that but I can't lose a pound!

• Posted

I went through something like you describe with a big long list of things going wrong all blamed on the thyroid. Finally found an endo who looked at my record and said that's not thyroid and sent me to a neurologist who diagnosed myasthenia. However it, took seven years but today everything is reasonably stable . Autoimmune diseases are commonly associated with thyroid problems and if you haven't already you might start looking in that direction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.