Almost 5 weeks post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

so its almost 5 weeks since my A&P repair surgery, recovery is going very slowly, goods and bad days. Noticed the first signs of stitches coming away yesterday so thats a good sign hey.

However, this morning I am experiencing terrible pain in my back on the right side, I'm hoping this isn't the start of a water or kidney infection. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same post-op??? As if theres not enough going on down there!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I never saw any stitches coming away, in some ways leaves me wondering where mine went. 17 weeks post operation now.

Quite common to gat a urine infection. Drink lots of water to flush out anything and you could try the old fashioned remedy of bicarbonate of soda in water to alter ph balance of urine. You would have to Google the quantities as I can't remember sorry

• Posted

I only noticed them when I'd  been the loo and wiped, as someone else said on here, I've never paid so much attention to my lady parts since this op!! They would have been very easy to miss?
  • Posted

Hi am chatty,

I am 3 and a half weeks now and feel much the same I make my breakfast coffee ( do not lift kettle, using jug, and tilt, and no pots involved), get washed and dressed. Potter about, make bed, (I don't throw quilt about). Light dusting. Rest, read book. I make Sandwick, cup a soup for lunch. Go for my 5/10 min walk (which us difficult to time) usually feel knackered after that always feel I've overdone even though I try to take my time and be careful. Spend rest of afternoon on couch (watching TV or reading). Hubby has been doing dinner, I put any light school clothes in small short wash load along with undies, hang them on radiators (once dry I don't iron them , that's up to 13 year old) . I make my own cup of tea after dinner, hubby loads dish washer and hovers up!

I think I'm doing OK, still nippy at back end where a stitch was stretched, always feel heavy down below after my walk, at end of evening have lower sire back but think that's due to sitting, or lying on couch for long periods. My discharge has went from pinky grey to a yellow/green, not sure if I should be worried . Docs appointment not till 13th April!

It's so difficult to tell difference between overdoing it and what's expected to be normal.

And as you say some days feel worse and others feel wonderful.

Role on weeks 7/8, surely by then will be turning a corner.

Phyl xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.